COURSES AFTER 12TH WITH PHYSICS, BIOLOGY, AND CHEMISTRY
About Science and Its Streams:
Science is amongst the most famous streams in children while choosing a discipline after 10th. The Science Stream consists of following subdivisions:
- Computer Science
From the above subdivisions, Physics and Chemistry are compulsory for all the students. The streams which decide the career field of a student in Biology, Mathematics, and Computer Science. These combinations decide whether a student can make his career in the engineering field or medical field.
About Courses Available in Science with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and Their Duration:
If a candidate wants to pursue his/her career in the medical field, then he/she must choose Biology as an optional subject. There are a number of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral courses available in this stream. List of courses a candidate can pursue after 12th examination are explained below:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS): It is an undergraduate professional course which trains the students in the field of health and medicine. The duration of MBBS course is four and a half years. Also, a year of internship is also done under this course.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery: It is an undergraduate course in the field of dentistry. The duration of the course is three to five years. The course prepares a student by providing knowledge about various dental practices to treat, prevent and diagnose oral diseases.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry: It is an undergraduate course and the duration of the course is five years. It focuses on the knowledge of exotic animal care, nutrition, disease identification, and animal husbandry.
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery: The duration of this course is three years. The BUMS course involves skills and knowledge about Unani Medicines, Unani Education System, Unani Surgery System, and many more.
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery: BHMS is the undergraduate course which involves knowledge of the homeopathic medical system. The duration of this course is five and a half years.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy: Bachelor of Physiotherapy also known as BPT is an undergraduate program and the duration of this course is four years. It involves the study of the physical movement aimed at preventing disability and diseases.
- Bachelor of Audiology Speech and Language Pathology: It is an undergraduate course of 3 academic years in duration. It involves the study of diagnosing and treatment of speech, hearing, and balance-related disorders.
- Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicines, and Surgery: It is an undergraduate course and the duration of the course is five and a half years. The branch covers the study of modern medicine and traditional Ayurveda.
- Bachelor of Science: Bachelor of Science can be done in-
- Environmental Science
- Fisheries Science
- Forensic Science
- Health Science and Nutrition
- Occupational Therapy
- Sports Science
- Speech Therapy
Eligibility Criteria for Different Courses:
- A candidate must have passed the 12th examination or any other equivalent examination in Science with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate in total. There are some institutes that give admission to less than 60% aggregate candidates. Therefore, before applying to a particular university.
Entrance Examinations for Different Courses:
- NEET: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national level entrance examination conducted by National Testing Agency. The examination allows various medical colleges to shortlist eligible candidates for admission in various undergraduate programs. The application form filling has begun and will continue till 30th November 2018. Interested candidates can apply for the examination on the website https://www.cbseneet.nic.in.
- AICEE: All India Common Entrance Examination is a national level examination conducted by the Veterinary Council of India for admission to various undergraduate programmes in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry. Interested candidates can apply for the examination on the website http://aipvt.nic.in.
- AIIMS Exam: All India Institute of Medical Science, Delhi conducts a national level entrance examination for admission in the undergraduate medical courses. Around 707 seats are filled through this examination. For more details, candidates can check the website https://www.aiimsexams.org.in.
Apart from these national level examinations, there are many universities which conducts their separate entrance examinations for admission in the undergraduate course. List of a few examinations is given below:
- KLEU AIET (KLE University All India Entrance Test)
- AP EAMCET (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical Test)
- TS EAMCET (Telangana Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical Test)
- UP CPAT (Uttar Pradesh Common Pre-Ayush Test)
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
Medicine and surgery is a field which will always be in demand. Once a candidate graduates in this field will get many job opportunities in the private and government sector as well. Below is the list of job profiles a candidate can choose to make his/her career:
Profiles after completing MBBS:
- General Physician
- Healthcare Research and Consultant
- Medical Officer
- Medical Superintendent
Profiles after completing BUMS:
- Medical Assistant
- Public Health Specialist
Profiles after completing BPT:
Profiles after completing BAMS:
- Ayurvedic Doctor
- Category Manager
- Medical Representatives