Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is a 3-year professional undergraduate course in Business Management, the minimum eligibility for which is class 12th from a recognized educational board with a minimum score of 50%. The course is divided into six semesters and comprises variants like BMS, BBM, and BBS. It can also be pursued through Correspondence/ Distant learning modes and admission to the same is based on entrance tests carried out by different colleges and universities.
BBA course equips you with the right knowledge and skills in business and management and imparts knowledge of the principles which are perfect for a career in the corporate world. A degree in Business Administration solidifies your base for your future Business and management career goals. Successful graduates of this course can opt for a range of jobs from sectors like finance, marketing, sales, management, government, and education.
BBA can be done in various specialization which is listed below:
- BBA Banking and Insurance
- BBA Air Travel Management
- BBA Computer Applications
- BBA Finance
- BBA Foreign Trade
- BBA Marketing
- BBA Hotel Management
- BBA Accounting
The course is for three years and it is divided into six semesters.
- Completion of HSC (10+2 level) from a recognized educational board
- English as one of the subjects at HSC
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% to 60% at 10+2 level of education
Students who have appeared in HSC examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
Various universities give admission in BBA course on the basis of merit list. Some other college also gives admission to students through the entrance tests. The entrance tests are organized at the national, state or university level by various authorities. Admission is based on the merit list. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of qualifying examination or entrance examination. AIMA UGAT (Under Graduate Aptitude Test) is a national level examination regulated by AIMA for providing admissions in BBA, BHM, BCA, etc.
- AIMA UGAT– AIMA Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) is a national level examination conducted annually by All India Management Association (AIMA). It is conducted to screen capable candidates for admission in various courses such as BBA, BCA, Integrated MBA, BHM, B. Com etc.
- SET– SET or Symbiosis Entrance Test is a common test conducted by Symbiosis International University for admission in undergraduate courses in the fields of Law, General, Design, Engineering and Health Science.
- IPU CET– IPU CET 2017 (IP University Common Entrance Test) is a university level entrance exam conducted for admission to 60 undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses.
- Admission to BBA course is also done on the basis of Lateral entry i.e. entrance to the course in the second year. Universities like Lovely Professional University and Annamalai University provide this option. The eligibility for this is a qualification of the first-year examination from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
Careers and Job Opportunities
After successful completion of Bachelor of Business Administration course, graduates can either opt for higher education or seek employment in different sectors. Generally, students pursue an MBA (Masters of Business Administration) course and specialize in a particular department or field of study. Masters or post-graduation in Management Studies, Human Resource Development Management, Financial Planning, and Wealth Management etc. are considered to be good options. A combination of BBA and MBA is considered helpful in gaining constant promotions and high-salary job in the business world.
BBA course opens up a spectrum of job opportunities in the fields of Advertising, Academic Institutes, Banking, Consultancies, Foreign Exchange, Hotel Management, Manufacturing Industry, IT and ITES, Urban infrastructure & real estate management and various Government services. Top recruiters for BBA graduates are Accenture, Genpact, TCS, HCL Technologies, International Business Machines (IBM) Corp to name a few. Some of the major job profiles associated with BBA degree are as follows:
- Financial Analyst
- Business Development Executive
- Project Manager (IT)
- Data Analyst
- Human Resources (HR) Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Operations Team Leader
- SAP Consultant
Salary is no issue for the candidates who have a good leadership, decision-making skills, enthusiasm, and a good academic background.
The initial package in India is around Rs. 2 to Rs. 3 lacs per annum but the maximum is unlimited.
With some good experience, you can earn beyond the limit in the management field.