Bachelor of Science Course:
Bachelor of Science is an undergraduate degree which focuses on technical and scientific areas like nursing, computer science, biochemistry, physics, mathematics, etc. It is also known as B.S., B.Sc. (General) and B.Sc. (Pass Course). This course generally focuses on Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Biology. Apart from the compulsory subjects.
List of subjects available in Bachelor of Science:
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
Duration of Bachelor of Science:
The duration of this course is generally three years which is subdivided into six semesters.
Admission Procedure for Bachelor of Science:
To get admission in the course, candidates are advised to check the website of colleges they want to get admission in. Different universities have different pattern of admission.
Eligibility Criteria of Bachelor of Science:
- A candidate must have passed the 12th standard examination or any other equivalent examination with Science stream from a recognized board.
- A candidate must have obtained 50% aggregate in total. The percentage criteria depend upon the university.
- There are some institutes which take an entrance examination. One should qualify the entrance examination to be eligible for the course.
Examinations for the Admission in Bachelor of Science:
- IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research) BSc Entrance Examination: The institute conducts an entrance examination through which a candidate can get admission in B.Sc. Interested candidates can apply for the examination on the website https://www.iiseradmission.in.
- OUAT BSc Entrance Exam (Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology): The University conducts entrance examination for the admission in BSc courses. Interested candidates can apply for the admission on https://www.ouat.nic.in. The examination is held in the month of April.
- Pant Nagar University Entrance Exam: Govind Ballabh Pant University conducts examination for admission in BSc course in the month of June. The admission form can be filled on the website gbpuat.ac.in.
- UPCATET (Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology Entrance Test): This entrance examination is conducted in the month of May. All the interested candidates are advised to check the website https://csauk.ac.in for further details.
- AGRICET (Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University Entrance Test): The AGRICET is conducted every year for the candidates who seek admissions into a Bachelor Degree in Education. Candidates can apply for the examination on the website https://www.angrau.ac.in. The examination is generally held in the month of June.
- AIEEA (Indian Council of Agricultural Research Entrance Test): This examination is to shortlist eligible candidates for the admission in B.Ed. Interested candidates can check the website https://www.icar.org.in for further details. The examination is generally held in the month of August.
- MPPAT (Madhya Pradesh Vyapam/Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board Test): This is a state level offline examination which grants admission to B.Sc. course. The examination is held in the month of April. For further details, interested candidates can check the website https://peb.mp.gov.in.
- IGKV PAT (Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyala) Admission Test: The Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyala admission test grants admission in B.Sc. course every year. The examination is conducted in the month of May. Interested candidates can check the website https://igkvmis.cg.nic.in.
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
A B.Sc. graduate is not only linked to Science but also can work in non-scientific areas. They can find jobs in fields like business, marketing, technical, technical writing, banking sector, etc. A graduate in B.Sc. can get a job in India as well as in abroad. The degree offers not only good salary package but also a satisfying job experience. A graduate can become any of the below:
- Assistant Research Scientist
- Application Programmer
- Clinical Research Manager
- Dairy Technologist
- Drug Safety Associate
- Database Administrator
- Forensic Science Specialist
- Pharmacovigilance Expert
- Quality Analyst
- Scientist and Scientific Assistant
- Web Programmer
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Toxicologist, and many more.