Computer Science Engineering:
Computer Science Engineering is one of the most sought branches of engineering and it focuses on the elements of computer networking and programming. The branch of engineering provides knowledge about the design, implementation, and management of both hardware and software.
A computer engineer develops and designs software application for different purposes. Also, a computer engineer possesses knowledge about how to algorithms and codes for operating windows like Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, etc.
Different Types of Computer Science Engineering Courses and their duration:
There are four types of courses available in Chemical Engineering which are explained below:
- Diploma Courses: The diploma course in Chemical Engineering is a three-year course which can be done from a polytechnic college. List of diploma course is given below:
- Diploma in Computer Science and Technology
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
- Undergraduate Courses: The duration of the undergraduate course is four years. A candidate can obtain Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science Engineering.
- Postgraduate Courses: The duration of the postgraduate course is two years. A candidate can obtain a Master of Technology or Master of Engineering degree in Computer Science Engineering. Also, a candidate can do a postgraduate diploma in Computer Science & Engineering.
- Doctoral Courses: A candidate can do Ph.D. or M.Phil. in Computer Science Engineering. The duration of the course is three years.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Computer Science Engineering:
For Diploma Course:
- A candidate should have passed the 10th or 12th examination with minimum % aggregate as per the college from a recognized board.
For undergraduate course:
- A candidate should have passed the 12th examination with minimum % aggregate as per the college from a recognized board. Also, he/she should have studied 11th and 12th standard with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as the compulsory subject.
- A candidate must clear the entrance examination held by the exam authorities of the university. For IITs, NITs, etc. candidate must clear JEE Mains and Advanced Examination.
For postgraduate course:
- A candidate must be a graduate in engineering from a recognized university.
- A candidate must clear GATE and have a valid scorecard. There are some institutes that conduct their separate admission tests. An aspirant must clear the examination to be eligible for the course.
For doctoral course:
- The candidate must be a graduate and postgraduate in the relevant field from a recognized university.
- He/she should have qualified the entrance examination held by the university.
Entrance Examinations for Admission in Computer Science Engineering:
For undergraduate courses:
- JEE Mains: It is a national level examination which allows admissions in top colleges like IITs, NITs, IIITs, etc. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is held every year at the national level by CBSE to allow admissions in various engineering colleges across the country.
- BITSAT: Birla Institute of Science and Technology (BITSAT) is an entrance examination held by the institute which allows admission in Bachelor of Engineering course in various disciplines.
- COMEDK: Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka is an examination which allows admissions in various fields in the colleges present in Karnataka. For more details, candidates can check the website comedk.org.
- VITEEE: Vellore Institute of Technology conducts an entrance examination to allow admission in the various engineering discipline. For more details, interested candidates can check the website vit.ac.in.
Similarly, there are many private colleges which conduct examinations to grant admission in the undergraduate course in Chemical Engineering. Below is the list of few examinations:
- BVP CET
- VTUEEE, and many more.
- GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an examination conducted by IITs every year through which a candidate can get admission in IITs, NITs, and other universities for post graduation course in engineering.
For doctoral course, universities organize separate entrance examinations for students every year. The written examination is further followed by group discussion or interview round.
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
After the completion of the degree, a computer science engineer can opt for the job in any field whether it is private or government. Below is the list of few job profiles a candidate can choose:
- Academic Research Editor
- Application Analyst
- Computer Programmer
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Engineering Support Specialist
- E-Commerce Specialist
- Games Analyst
- Information Systems Manager
- System Designer
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- System Analyst, and many more.