Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level entrance test led by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) consistently as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The CMAT is a three-hour computer based online test which is conducted in a session to assess the applicant’s ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness. CMAT 2019 permits B-schools to screen candidates that best suit their prerequisites. AICTE will conduct CMAT 2019 in January for admission to the colleges that offer MBA and for those which run postgraduate diploma in management programs.
This test encourages Institutions to choose appropriate graduate possibility for affirmation in all Management programs. The CMAT score is acknowledged by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
CMAT 2019 Registration is open from October to December 2018.
CMAT 2019 Application Form Details:
- Go through the steps given below to fill the CMAT application form:
- Visit the official website (link will be given above).
- Click on ‘New User’ link.
- Read the instructions, accept the declaration and proceed.
- Now, click on ‘Self Registration’. Fill all basic details and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- A six-digit password will be sent to the candidate’s registered login Id.
- Now, log in with new password and click on ‘Existing User’.
- After that proceed to pay the application fee.
- Select any of the modes and submit the fee.
- After successful payment, a confirmation message will be sent to the candidate that payment is done and you can proceed with the remaining part of the registration details.
- Fill the remaining details in the registration form and click on ‘verify’ and then submit it finally.
- The photograph should be uploaded of size 140 x 160 (≤ 60 Kb) and signature of file size should be 60 x 90 (≤ 30Kb).
- Read the declaration, click on ‘I Agree’ to accept it.
- Candidate will get the message stating “Thank you for successfully registering for the AICTE CMAT 2019 exam”.
- Print the application format last for future reference.
Application Fee Details:
- The application fee for General/OBC candidates will be Rs. 1400 and for female/SC/ST/PWD category candidates Rs. 700. Candidates can submit the application fee through online or cash mode.
- The online payment can be done through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking. For offline payment, candidates can pay by cash at any of the designated SBI bank branches.
- Before starting the application procedure for CMAT 2019, the candidates are instructed to have the following documents for successful application of the CMAT entrance test:
- A valid E-Mail Id and Phone number A valid E-Mail Id is required for successful registration of a candidate. It will also serve as the primary mail for communication with the examination conducting authorities. The login credentials of the candidate will be sent to this particular Email Id. SMS will be sent to the registered phone number and will serve as the primary mode of voice contact between the candidate and the authorities.
- Scanned copies of recent passport size photograph & signature.
The candidate must have arranged the scanned copies of his/her recent passport size photograph along with signature in the prescribed format.
- In case the candidate will choose to pay for the application fee through bank Challan as three copies of the bank Challan are required to be printed in such case.
- Credit/Debit card (If Net banking option not available) If a candidate does not have the option to pay through Net banking method then will require a credit/debit card in order to carry out the payment process for the application.
CMAT 2019 Registration:
All aspiring candidates desirous of appearing for CMAT Test for taking admissions to postgraduate programmes in management should apply for CMAT 2019. The candidates will have an option of selecting date and city for appearing in the test.
CMAT 2019 registration will be started from 22nd October 2018. CMAT is a national level entrance exam which will be conducted by the NTA from 2019. Through CMAT, candidates are eligible to get admission in PGDM, MBA and similar, PGCM and Executive PGDM programmes. It is conducted once a year only. All AICTE approved Institutes/Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges of Universities are accepting CMAT scores.
CMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applying candidates have to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria given below in order to sit in the CMAT written test.
- Nationality: Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: No age limit to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must be graduated in any discipline from a recognized institution.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates those are studying in their final year of graduation degree are also eligible to apply.
CMAT 2019 Exam Date:
For the Academic Year 2019, the CMAT Test will be in January 2019.
|Starting of online Registration Process||22nd October 2018|
|The closing of Online Registration||15th December 2018|
|Last date to submit fee through bank Challan||Last week of December 2018|
|Exam Date||27th January 2019|
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
- The CMAT 2019 exam is a national level entrance examination conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) conducted once a year in the month of January 2019. The CMAT result 2019 will be accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
- AICTE does not have a defined syllabus for the CMAT 2019 and the difficulty level of the questions is between low to moderate. Hence, no candidates in CMAT 2019 are disqualified even if their CMAT 2019 result score is not very high.
- The best way to familiarize with the CMAT 2019 exam syllabus and pattern is to go through the mock test that is released on the CMAT official website. Keep a check on this space to get the latest on CMAT exam 2019.
- The coming CMAT 2019 will be conducted by the middle of January 2019 and registration to this effect would start from the middle of October 2018. CMAT Aspirants are advised to watch this space for latest updates on CMAT 2019 and the notification advertisement is likely to be out by September 2018.
- Nature of CMAT Exam is that you are tested out for your quantitative skills and language comprehension skills and the hallmark of CMAT exam is that there is a separate section on General Awareness. There would be total 100 questions in CMAT with 400 marks allotted for the exam. The main sections of CMAT are quantitative techniques and data interpretation, Logical reasoning, Language comprehension and general awareness.
- CMAT aspirants are advised to be cautious of the fact that the general awareness section can be a differentiator to achieve scores because in this section only you can achieve almost 100 percentile.
CMAT 2019 Syllabus:
AICTE does not have a defined syllabus for the CMAT 2019 and the difficulty level of the questions is between low to moderate. Hence, no candidates in CMAT 2019 are disqualified even if their CMAT 2019 result score is not very high.
The best way to familiarize with the CMAT 2019 exam syllabus and pattern is to go through the mock test that is released on the CMAT official website. Keep a check on this space to get the latest on CMAT exam 2019.
The coming CMAT 2019 will be conducted by the middle of January 2019 and registration to this effect would start from the middle of October 2018. CMAT Aspirants are advised to watch this space for latest updates on CMAT 2019 and the notification advertisement is likely to be out by September 2018.
Nature of CMAT Exam is that you are tested out for your quantitative skills and language comprehension skills and the hallmark of CMAT exam is that there is a separate section on General Awareness. There would be total 100 questions in CMAT with 400 marks allotted for the exam. The main sections of CMAT are quantitative techniques and data interpretation, Logical reasoning, Language comprehension and general awareness.
CMAT aspirants are advised to be cautious of the fact that the general awareness section can be a differentiator to achieve scores because in this section only you can achieve almost 100 percentile.
The complete syllabus of CMAT 2019 follows in the article:
- CMAT Syllabus 2019: Important Dates
- CMAT Syllabus 2019
- CMAT Syllabus 2019: Pattern
- There are 4 sections with 25 questions each. Each question is worth 4 marks; however, there is a negative marking of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
|CMAT Exam 2019 Sections||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT Syllabus 2019: Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
The QTDI section is designed to test the candidate on the following areas-
- Basic Math skills
- Numerical skills
- Mental Math skills
- Problem-Solving skills
- Statistical skills
- The candidates need to be quick in calculations.
- The candidates must work on their accuracy while answering questions.
The CMAT Syllabus 2019 exam for this section will cover the following:
- Allegation & Mixtures
- Bar Graphs
- Coordinate geometry
- Clocks & Calendars
- HCF & LCM
- In-equations Quadratic and linear equations
- Installment Payments
- Line Graph
- Mean – Arithmetic, harmonic
- Number Base System
- Partnership (Accounts)
- Permutation & Combination
- Pie Chart
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Profit & Loss
- Progressions – Arithmetic, Geometric, Maxima & Minima
- Ratio & Proportions
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Time, Distance, Weights & Heights
- Venn Diagram
CMAT 2019 Preparation Tips:
To score 99 percentile in CMAT 2019 you must understand the exam pattern. The pattern of examination is simple and each section is given equal priority. You need to attempt questions from all the sections. There is no restriction for a section and you can attempt question from any section in the given time of 3 hours. You can attempt the maximum questions from the section which you find easy and know the answers accurately. Remember, you must attempt only the questions, answer to which are known to you as a wrong response will lead to the negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
Answering the Questions You Know
As per the previous CMAT exam analysis, it is devised that to score high in CMAT 2019 you will be required to attempt fewer questions but with higher accuracy. In this manner, the chances of negative marking are minimized and you are provided with an advantage of getting good marks.
You can score 99 percentile in CMAT 2019 if you attempt approximately 13 to 20 questions in each section. This is the strategy which is adopted by many toppers of CMAT.
Saras Suhane topper of CMAT 2017 score 350/400 marks told us during the interview that he did not take any coaching for the examination. But attempted questions which he was sure of from each section. He did not saw any section as weak or strong but prepared for all the sections equally.
Score Approximately 250 Marks for 95 Percentile in CMAT 2019
To know the questions that can be attempted first and setting the priority you have to, first of all, solve previous year question papers and understand the exam pattern along with the difficulty level of questions in each section. Take adequate mock tests and practice time management. This is also going to understand the concepts of the exam and marking pattern too. It is not difficult to score 95 percentile in CMAT 2019. A 60% score may help you score 95 percentile in the exam, i.e., around 240 marks out of 400.
If you attempt 15 questions correctly in every section you will be able to get 60 marks in each section which will account for a total of 240 marks. And if you find some section easy chances of scoring 95+ percentile in CMAT 2019 increases manyfold.
Preparation Tips for CMAT 2019 from Toppers of the Exam
According to the toppers of CMAT 2017 and 2016, candidates appearing for the exam must solve previous year question papers first and then take mock tests of CMAT 2019. There are a number of institutions that have good mock tests and you can practice from any of them. Take at least 3 mock tests every week. You can even opt for section wise mock tests and solve sample papers of CMAT. in this way you will get hang of the exam and will also learn to perform under pressure with accuracy.
Toppers also suggest that many candidates appearing for the exam ignore General awareness questions. This could be a game changer for you. Attempting questions from GK section can make you a tough competitor and help you score high in CMAT 2019.