Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test (CIEAT) is conducted for admissions in Crescent Institute of Science and Technology under the B.Tech programme.
Crescent Institute of Science and Technology is accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC and ranked 3rd among the engineering institutions in Tamil Nadu in “Teaching, Learning and Resources” by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), MHRD. It is also ranked No. 15 among the Private Engineering Institutions in India by NIRF.
All the details, aspirants might need to get through (CIEAT), 2019, are mentioned in the following sections including registration procedure, eligibility criteria, syllabus for examination, important dates, etc. Candidates can also visit http://crescent.education for an insight into the university.
CIEAT 2019 Registration Process:
Registration is done online
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of Crescent Institute of Science and Technology i.e., http://crescent.education.
STEP 2 – Registration: The first time users should proceed with registration through online mode.
STEP 3 – Fill the application form carefully. The application form details are mentioned in the next section.
STEP 4 – Upload the required images in the specified format:
|Passport Size Photograph
The photograph should be colored and recently taken. The name of the candidate and date must be printed at the bottom with black paint on a white background.
|The size of the file must not exceed 80 KB
The dimensions must be 30 x 45 mm.
STEP 5 – Payment of application fee: The candidates are required to submit an application fee of Rupees. 1000.
- Offline Mode– Candidates can pay through DD. Candidates can also choose to pay through cash at the fee counter of the university. Candidates paying through DD must send the DD to the specified details of the university with correct demand draft details.
- Online Mode – Select the payment mode, i.e., net banking, credit card or debit card and after carefully submitting the details, make the payment.
STEP 6 – Submit your application form.
CIEAT 2019 Application Form Details:
The candidates are required to fill in the following details while filling the application form:
- Candidate’s name.
- Date of Birth.
- Guardian’s Name.
- The annual income of the guardian.
- Details of matriculation.
- Details of 12th
- Graduation Details.
CIEAT 2019 Rules and Regulations:
The selection process of the Institute includes:
- Admission to various programs will be subject to verification of facts as in the original certificates /documents of the candidates. Management reserves the right to cancel admission if any discrepancy is noted, even at a later point any time after the admission. Such a decision will be final and binding on the candidate.
- Admission offered to a candidate who has been provisionally admitted to a programme will stand canceled if he/she does not submit the relevant documents in original pertaining to admission (such as Mark Sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate, and Conduct Certificate, etc.) to the concerned Admissions Officer before the stipulated date. An international student who has been granted admission to a particular course shall not be allowed to change the course subsequently.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. If the candidates furnish mark sheets of the qualifying examination only in grades, the minimum marks pertaining to the grade obtained in the course will be taken into consideration while determining the marks in science subjects.
- Candidates shall be selected for admission based on marks in qualifying plus two examinations and marks scored in Engineering Entrance Examination (CIEAT) conducted by the B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology.
- Application forms can be obtained in person from the Institute Admission Office, on payment of Rs 750/-by cash or DD drew in favor of “B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent – Institute of Science”, payable at Chennai.
- Name of the applicant and other details (BSAUEE -2019) have to be written on the back of the DD.
- To obtain an Application Form by post, candidates have to send a request letter to the following address along with a DD for Rs.800/- drawn in favor of ‘B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent – Institute of Science’ payable at Chennai to the Director (Admissions). The back of the DD should contain the name of the applicant and programme they wish to apply (B.Tech. or B.Arch.) and other details.
Documents Required for Admission:
- VISA: All the international students will require a student visa endorsed by this Institution for joining full-time courses. No other endorsement is acceptable. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course. A visa is not required for NRI students. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) who possess either OCI (Overseas Indian Citizenship) or PIO card do not require Indian Visa. OCI and PIO card gives them the freedom to visit India without a visa. OCI and PIO cards are a multi-purpose lifelong visa for visiting India. However, those PIOs who do not have PIO or OCI card have to apply for the student visa.
- NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor -either Father or Mother.
- Application form with all details furnished
Photocopies Of The Following:
- NRI bank account passbook (front page photocopy)
- Passport copy of the parent having NRI status.
- Passport copy of student (except for NRI-S candidates)
EQUIVALENCE CERTIFICATE issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- NRI STATUS CERTIFICATE in respect of father/mother.
- Certificates of educational qualifications
- 10thStd/12thStd/Degree/Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate(as applicable to specific courses)
- MEDICAL FITNESS CERTIFICATE.
- UNDERTAKING duly countersigned by Parent/Guardian.
CIEAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria mentioned in this section is exactly as per the guidelines of CIEAT:
Criteria for B.Tech programme:
- Candidates should have passed a 12th standard examination conducted by State Board / CBSE / ICSE or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. For Biotechnology a Minimum 60% aggregate in Mathematics (or) Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Candidates should have appeared for the Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test (CIEAT 2019) or should have a valid score in JEE (Main).
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education alone are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1997.
Criteria for B.Tech Lateral Entry:
- Diploma (3 years) in Engineering/ Technology awarded by the state Board of Technical Education or Equivalent, with a minimum of 60% of marks.
- Sc. Degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% of marks. Mathematics should be one of the subjects of study.
- Age Limit: Candidates date of birth should fall on or after 1st July 1997.
International candidates should fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria to seek admission under the international category.
- For International candidates: English as one of the subjects in the qualifying Examination.
- Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to the 10+2 system of Indian education) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects. The candidates should have a minimum average of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply
For candidates having NRI status, the Sponsorship should be given only by the parent (either father or mother ONLY) living abroad or by the county government. The Sponsorship by a relative/friend is not acceptable.
B.Tech Programmes offered by the Institute:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Polymer Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
CIEAT Exam Centers:
|Test City||Centre Name|
|Bengaluru||Linova Info Private Limited|
|Calicut||G Tec College For Advanced Studies|
|Chennai||B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute|
|Coimbatore||Star I Net Browsing Center|
|Dharmapuri||Erk Arts & Science College|
|Madurai||Venus Computer Education|
|Nagapattinam||Nagore Crescent Matric. Hr. Sec. School For Girls|
|Nellore||Cat Computer Point|
|New Delhi||Delhi School Of Professional Studies & Research|
|Patna||Ice (Informatic Computer Education)|
|Puducherry||Tcil-It Computer Education & Training Centre|
|Pune||Protech Computer Institute|
|Ramanathapuram||Thassim Beevi Abdul Kader College For
|Ranchi||Dynamic Learning Infotech Solution (Dylis)|
|Salem||Sona College Of Technology|
|Thrissur||G Tec Education|
|Tiruchirappalli||Bishop Heber College|
|Vaniyambadi||Islamiah Women’s College|
|Vizag||Svs Internet Center|
CIEAT 2019 Exam Dates:
The dates are tentative and are liable to change.
|Commencement of Application||19 Dec 2018 – 20 Apr 2019|
|Availability of admit card||17 Apr 2019|
|Online Examination||21 Apr 2019 – 30 Apr 2019|
|Offline Examination||28 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of results||07 May 2019|
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Vector Algebra
- Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus – Applications I
- Differential Calculus – Applications II
- Differential Equations
- Discrete Mathematics
- Probability Distributions
- Current Electricity
- Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves and Wave Optics
- Atomic Physics
- Dual Nature of Radiation And Matter–relativity
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their applications
- Communication Systems
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Periodic Classification
- P – Block Elements
- D – Block Elements
- F – Block Elements
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Solid State –II
- Thermodynamics – II
- Chemical Equilibrium – II
- Applications of the law of mass action – Le Chatlier’s principle.
- Chemical Kinetics-II
- Surface Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Isomerism In Organic Chemistry
- Hydroxy Derivatives
- Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds
CIEAT Exam Pattern:
- Mode of examination: Online.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions.
- The medium of examination: English Medium.
- Marking scheme: 1 marks are awarded for each correct answer.
- Duration of examination: 2 hours.
- Number of question: 100
- Maximum marks: 100.
CIEAT Preparation Tips:
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as many questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.