Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) – Lateral Entry course is offered by Chitkara University. The Lateral Entry program enables candidates with a 3 years diploma in engineering or an equivalent degree to get admitted directly to 2nd Year (3rd semester). Chitkara Engineering programs were initiated in the year 2002 with the sole focus to prepare students from all backgrounds for careers as Engineering in a rapidly changing, technology-driven society. Within a decade, its Engineering programs have emerged as among the top 50 of the country which speaks volumes about their strong academic heritage, innovative teaching methodology and proactive industry collaborations.
For the current academic year, Chitkara University, Punjab is offering the following programs, to diploma students entering 2nd year of engineering
- Tech in Civil Engineering
- Tech in Electrical Engineering
- Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh offers direct admission in the following streams in the second year:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Chitkara University LEEP 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Following categories of students can apply for this lateral entry to the first year (second semester) of Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) programs: 1. The candidate can be a student of BE/BTech program of a recognized Institute/University and should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognized board. If the candidate has secured at least 75% or above (70% for SC/ST candidates) aggregate marks, he/she will be exempted from Chitkara University Entrance Test (CUET)- 2017-18. 2. The candidate can be a student of BE/BTech program of a recognized Institute/University and should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognized board. If the candidate has secured aggregate marks between 60% to 74.99% (70% for SC/ST candidates), he/she will have to qualify Chitkara University Entrance Test (CUET)- 2017-18.
- The candidate who has cleared his Class XII (Non-Medical) examination in the year 2017 and have secured at least 75% or above (70% for SC/ST candidates) aggregate marks, he/she will be exempted from Chitkara University Entrance Test (CUET)-2017-18.
- The candidate who has cleared his Class XII (Non-Medical) examination in the year 2017 and have secured aggregate marks between 60% to 74.99% (70% for SC/ST candidates), he/she will have to qualify Chitkara University Entrance Test (CUET)-2017-18.
- The eligibility criteria for admission to any of the engineering program is a minimum aggregate of 60% or secures 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Math in Class XII. A candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. It is mandatory for the candidate to have pass grade in each subject of the qualifying examination. The marks will not be rounded off to determine the eligibility criteria e.g 59.99% will not be considered equivalent to 60.00%.
Chitkara University LEEP 2019 Admission form and Registration Process:
- Only candidates born on or after October 01, 1995 can apply for the program. (Date of Birth as recorded in the High school/Secondary School Education Board only will be taken as authentic.)
- Only those candidates are eligible to apply who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2016 or in 2017. It is mandatory for all the candidates to produce proof for having passed the qualifying examination (10+2).
- Only those candidates shall be considered who shall apply on the prescribed application form on or before the last date with a requisite application fee of Rs. 1,100/- (Non-refundable).
- The application fee can be paid through Demand Draft (DD) in favor of Chitkara University payable at Chandigarh.
- Candidate should bring all the documents in original at the time of Counselling.
- Seats in the program shall be allotted on the basis of preference indicated at the time of counseling and in the order of merit ranking subject to availability of seat.
- All candidates granted admission to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) are required to be in possession of a laptop. The configuration of the laptop will be available on the University’s website. A student is free to buy the laptop of the required configuration from the place of his/her own choice.
- The candidates should bring the original and two attested copies of following documents for verification at the time of counseling:
Certificate and Mark sheet of Class X and Class XII. Migration Certificate from the Board / University last attended. = Copy of Applicant’s Aadhaar Card = Character Certificate from the institution last attended. = Medical Fitness Certificate from the authorized medical centers, the format of the same is given on the Chitkara University website. = Reserve Category Certificate (if applicable). = Affidavit attested by Executive Magistrate/ Notary Public required in case of the gap of one year or more in studies for not being involved in any criminal activities during the gap period. = Two additional passports sized recent photographs with your name & date of birth clearly written on the reverse. Photograph need not be attested. = Photocopy of the Application form. = Bonafide certificate/others sports/ defense proof of the authority.
Chitkara University LEEP 2019 Important Dates:
These are the tentative dates
The online application forms will be available from November 6, 2018
Date of Offline Entrance Test: December 1 – December 25, 2018
The venue for Offline Entrance Test: Chandigarh, New Delhi, and Chitkara University Campuses
The timing for Offline Entrance Test: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Commencement of Classes: January 9, 2019
Chitkara University LEEP 2019 Syllabus:
- Atomic Structure: Dual nature of matter and radiation, Heisenberg uncertainty principle, quantum mechanical model of atom (quantum designation of atomic orbitals and electron energy in terms of principal, angular momentum and magnetic quantum numbers), electronic spin and spin quantum numbers, Pauli’s exclusion principle, Aufbau principle, Hund’s rule, atomic orbitals and their pictorial representation, electronic configurations of elements.
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties: Modern periodic law and present form of periodic table, electronic configurations of elements and periodic table, electronic configuration and types of elements and s, p, d and f blocks, periodic trends in properties of elements (atomic size, ionization enthalpy, electron gain enthalpy, valence/ oxidation states and chemical reactivity).
- Chemical bonding: Kossel -Lewis approach to chemical bond formation, ionic bonds, covalent bonds, polarity of bonds and concept of electronegativity, valence shell electron pair repulsion (VSEPR) theory, shapes of simple molecules, valence bond theory, hybridization involving s, p and d orbitals and shapes of molecules σ and π bonds, Hydrogen-bonding.
- Ionic equilibrium and Redox reactions: Acids, Bases and Salts and their ionization, weak and strong electrolytes degree of ionization and ionization constants, the concept of pH, ionic product of water, buffer solution, common ion effect, the solubility of sparingly soluble salts and solubility products. Electronic concepts of reduction-oxidation, redox reactions, oxidation number, balancing of redox reactions.
- Electrochemistry: Conductance in electrolytic solutions, specific and molar conductivity, a variation of conductivity with concentration, electrolysis, and laws of electrolysis, electrolytic and galvanic cells, emf. of a cell, standard electrode potential, Nernst equation.
- Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry: inductive effect, electromeric effect, resonance, and hyperconjugation. Common types of organic reactions: substitution, addition, elimination and rearrangement reactions.
- Organic compounds with functional groups: Relative reactivity and properties of Alcohols and phenols; Aldehydes and ketones: Carboxylic acids Amines.
- Heat and Thermodynamics: Thermal expansion; Calorimetry, latent heat; Heat conduction, Newton’s law of cooling; Ideal gas laws, Specific heats, Isothermal and adiabatic processes, Equivalence of heat and work, First law of thermodynamics, Blackbody radiation, Kirchhoff’s law, Wien’s displacement law, Stefan’s law.
- Electricity and Magnetism: Coulomb’s law; Electric field and potential, Gauss’s law, Ohm’s law, Resistors and Capacitors in series and parallel, Energy stored in a capacitor, Kirchhoff’s laws, Heating effect of current, BiotSavart law and Ampere’s law, Force on a moving charge and on a current-carrying wire in a uniform magnetic field, Magnetic moment of a current loop, Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law, Self and mutual inductance, RC, LR and LC circuits, Electromagnetic waves, Displacement current.
- Modern Physics: Atomic nucleus, Alpha and beta particles, gamma radiation; Law of radioactive decay, Binding energy, Fission and fusion processes, Photoelectric effect, Bohr’s theory of hydrogen-like atoms, Characteristic and continuous X-rays, Moseley’s law, de Broglie wavelength of matter waves.
- Continuity and Differentiability: One to one and onto functions, composite functions, the inverse of a function, Continuity and differentiability, derivative of composite functions, chain rule, derivatives of inverse trigonometric functions, derivative of implicit functions. The concept of exponential and logarithmic functions. Derivatives of logarithmic and exponential functions. Logarithmic differentiation, derivative of functions expressed in parametric forms. Second order derivatives.
- Integration: Integration of a variety of functions by substitution, by partial fractions and by parts. Definite integrals as a limit of a sum, Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, Basic properties of definite integrals and evaluation of definite integrals.
- Probability: Conditional probability, multiplication theorem on probability, independent events, total probability, Baye’s theorem, Random variable, and its probability distribution, mean and variance of a random variable. Repeated independent (Bernoulli) trials and Binomial distribution.
- Matrices and Determinants: Matrix operations (Addition, multiplication and scalar multiplication of matrices), Elementary row and column operations, the inverse of a matrix, Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix. Consistency, inconsistency, and number of solutions of a system of linear equation
Chitkara University LEEP 2019 Fee Structure:
|Program Fees for CUIET (Punjab)||Program Fees for CSET (Himachal Pradesh)|
|4-Year B.E. Programs
2nd SEM 80,000
3rd SEM 80,000
4th SEM 80,000
5th SEM 80,000
6th SEM 80,000
7th SEM 80,000
8th SEM 80,000
*ERP FEES 6,000
|4-Year B.E. Programs
2nd SEM 70,000
3rd SEM 70,000
4th SEM 70,000
5th SEM 70,000
6th SEM 70,000
7th SEM 70,000
8th SEM 70,000
* Caution Fee 10,000
Fee for Bridging Course
Summer Term 1 20,000
Summer Term 2 20,000
* ONLY AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION Rs. 2500/- COUNSELING FEE ONLY AT THE TIME OF ALLOCATION FOR B.E. PROGRAMS (NON-REFUNDABLE).