Chhattisgarh University conducts admissions, annually in M. Tech on the basis of GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering) score. GATE, as we are all familiar with, is a national level engineering entrance examination for post-graduation. No separate entrance examination is conducted for the admissions in CGU. The procedure of admissions in Chattisgarh University is known as CGU M. Tech admission and is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Chhattisgarh. All in all, 24 institutes participate in the admission process.
The aspirants seeking admission in the university must be aware of the basic rules and regulations of the university, including the admission procedure, the registration process, important dates (to apply for admissions), mode of admission, eligibility criteria, etc. All the information required by the candidates subject to the admissions is mentioned in the following sections. We do not want you to miss out on any deadline.
CGU M.Tech 2019 Registration Process:
The candidates can fill the application forms through online mode by following a few simple steps mentioned below.
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of CGU i.e., www.cguniversity.com.
STEP 2 – Register and Login: The first time users should proceed with registration by clicking on “Register”. Fill in the following details:
- Domicile Status.
- GATE Registration Number and Validity of GATE Score Card.
- Candidate’s Date of Birth.
You will receive a verification email to activate your account. After you complete the verification, go back to the official website and enter your Login credentials (generated after the registration) to login to your account.
STEP 3 – Login using the respective username and password and sign up. You can reset your password in case you don’t remember the password.
STEP 4 – Fill the application form carefully. The application form details are mentioned in the next section.
STEP 5 – Fill your choice: select the course you want to apply for according to your preference.
STEP 6 – Review your application form and go ahead and submit it.
STEP 7 – Payment of application fee: For payment, candidates are supposed to download the SBI e-challan and enter their GATE registration number in the space provided. Then the candidates are required to visit their nearest SBI branch and complete the payment in cash to the account number 31077008342 in the name of Registrar, DTE, Chhattisgarh. The stamped challan must be kept carefully for future reference.
CGU M.Tech 2019 Application Form Details:
In the application form, the applicants are required to fill in the following fields/ details.
- Parent’s name
- Domicile status.
The candidates are strictly advised to give primary contact details that they actively use.
- Email id.
- Mobile number.
- Details of matriculation.
- Detail of 12th
- Graduation details.
- Details regarding GATE.
CGU M.Tech 2019 Rules and Regulations:
The rules and regulations mentioned below are as per the guidelines mentioned by CGU.
- The first stage involves appearing in the GATE examination. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the candidate’s GATE score. The candidate must make sure that he/she has entered legitimate details.
- After the application forms for admissions are released by CGU, all the candidates must apply by the last date of the application specified on the official website.
- The candidates go through various rounds of counseling before the admission. The counseling will take place online. The candidates will be allotted seats in any of the participating institutes depending on their rank.
- A merit list is prepared based on the application form and the following points are taken into consideration while preparing the list:
- AIR scored in GATE.
- Marks scored by the candidate in the GATE.
- In case two candidates have the same GATE score, then their graduation percentage is taken into account.
- When called for counseling, candidates are required to carry:
- 10th standard mark sheet or Birth Certificate.
- 10th standard, 12th standard and degree examination mark sheet.
- GATE scorecard.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
The candidates who are allotted seats at CGU while counseling will have to report to the admission centers for verification of the credentials with the following documents:
- Income certificate for reserved category candidates.
- Transfer Certificate and Character Certificate from the previous institute.
- Gap Certificate (If there is a gap during Studies).
- Migration Certificate (if a candidate belongs to some other state board or university).
- AADHAR card.
And payment of fees on the specified date, time and venue. If the candidate fails to show up, their application will be considered canceled and will not be entertained later.
CGU M.Tech 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Criteria applying to all the candidates:
- Nationality – Indian.
- Academic Qualification – Candidates should have qualified 4 years, full-time B.E./B. Tech or equivalent programme from a recognized institute.
- Marks Required – General category candidates should have secured minimum aggregate marks of 50% (45% for SC/ST) in their qualifying examination.
- Age Limit – The upper age limit for the candidates is 40 years as on July 1, 2019. 3 years of age relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates.
- Domicile – Chhattisgarh candidates have to submit the domicile certificate to seek the preference over other state candidates.
- GATE – The candidates should have scored non-zero as well as a positive GATE 2019 score.
For admission in M. Tech. programmes, applicants under all categories must possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent from the institutes recognized by UGC / AICTE or a Masters degree in Science.
CGU M.Tech 2019 Important Dates:
Dates are tentative and are liable to change as the dates are extracted from the previous year brochure.
|Round 1 – Chhattisgarh M. Tech Admission 2018|
|1.||Availability of Online Application Form.||The second week of July 2019|
|2.||The release of Merit List.||Second week of July 2019|
|3.||Verification of Documents.||Second week of July 2019|
|4.||Allotment of Seats.||Second week of July 2019|
|5.||Reporting to Allotted Colleges.||Third week of July 2019|
|6.||Display of Vacant Seats.||Third week of July 2019|
|Round 2 – Chhattisgarh M. Tech Admission 2018|
|7.||The release of Online Application Form.||Third week of July 2019|
|8.||Declaration of Merit List.||Third week of July 2019|
|9.||Verification of documents.||Third week of July 2019|
|10.||Allotment of seats.||Fourth week of July 2019|
|11.||Reporting to Allotted Colleges.||Fourth week of July 2019|
|12.||Display of Vacant Seats.||Fourth week of July 2019|
|Round 3 – Chhattisgarh M. Tech Admission 2018|
|13.||Availability of Online Application Form||Fourth week of July 2019|
|14.||The announcement of Merit List.||Fourth week of July 2019|
|15.||Verification of Documents.||Fourth week of July 2019|
|16.||Allotment of seats.||Fourth week of July 2019|
|17.||Reporting to Allotted Colleges||Fourth week of July 2019|
|18.||Display of Vacant Seats.||Fourth week of July 2019|
|19.||Counseling for Vacant Seats by Colleges.||August 2019.|
CGU M.Tech 2019 Exam Pattern:
As clearly mentioned above, the admissions are done on the basis of GATE, so below mentioned is the examination pattern of GATE.
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions||65|
|Type of Questions||Two types of questions asked:
· Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
· Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Sections||GATE 2019 question paper will consist of three sections:
· General Aptitude.
· Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry).
· Subject – Specific section.
|General Aptitude Section||The paper will consist of a mandatory General Aptitude (GA) section consisting of 10 questions. 5 of them will be of 1 mark and the remaining 5 will be of 2 marks. Therefore, the total marks for this section will be 15 marks.|
|Marking Scheme||· 1 mark MCQs – 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
· 2 marks MCQs – 2/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong response.
· Zero marks will be awarded for unattempted questions
· No negative marking will be done for Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions
CGU M.Tech 2019 Syllabus:
As mentioned in the previous section, the question paper comprises of three sections viz.,
- General Aptitude.
- Engineering Mathematics.
- Subject-specific section.
The first two sections i.e., the general aptitude section and the engineering mathematics section are common for all the candidates, whereas the third section is entirely branched specific and varies from candidate to candidate depending upon their area of discipline (the branch of engineering).
CGU M.Tech 2019 Preparation Tips:
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you closer to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline for every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting a better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice any questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.