The Chattisgarh Professional Engineering Board (CPEB) also known as the CG Vyapam will hold the CG PET 2019 for candidates willing to get admitted to various undergraduate engineering, dairy technology, and agricultural engineering courses. It is a state level entrance examination. Through this examination, candidates can get admission to various government and private engineering institutes in Chattisgarh.
CG PET 2019 Registration:
Candidates willing to apply for the CG PET 2019 examination will have to register themselves through the official website – http://cgvyapam.choice.gov.in.
After registering themselves candidates will have to start filling up their application forms.
CG PET 2019 Application Form Details:
After registering themselves, candidates will have to fill up the application forms keeping in mind the following details.
The application form will in all probability be available from the last week of March 2019 and the last date for form fill-up will be around the third week of April 2019. Candidates should fill up details such as personal information, qualification details, and correspondence address carefully. It is necessary to keep scanned copies of a recent passport size photograph, signature, thumb impression and a valid id proof such as Aadhaar card, passport, voter id, driving license or PAN card. After successful submission of the application form, candidates will receive a registration ID number for the written examination which they need to keep. A printout copy of the application form should be taken for future references.
The application fee is Rs. 200 for General category candidates, Rs. 150 for OBC candidates and Rs. 100 for SC/ST/PH candidates.
CG PET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Certain rules and regulations for candidates applying for the CG PET examination are given below.
- On the day of counseling, candidates need to produce the following documents – domicile certificate, freedom fighter certificate (if applicable), category certificate (if applicable), physically handicapped certificate (if applicable), metric mark sheet and intermediate mark sheet.
- Fee payment of application can be done online through net banking and offline by downloading bank challan.
- Once the completed application form is submitted, no changes to the form can be made.
- Applicants have to be present physically for the counseling.
- Before confirmation of seats, candidates need to verify their documents.
- All candidates need to have Aadhar card details which will be needed during form fill-up.
CG PET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to apply for the CG PET 2019 examination need to meet the following criteria (general as well as course wise is given below).
- Candidate needs to be a citizen of India.
- Candidates submitting application form under Chattisgarh state quota need to produce valid domicile certificate.
Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board or institution, must have had Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English as individual subjects and must have scored a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates) marks in the qualifying exam.
Minimum age limit is 16 years. Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board or institution, must have had Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English as individual subjects and must have a minimum score of 50% (40% for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates) marks in the qualifying exam.
Dairy Technology Engineering
Minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years as of 31st December 2019. Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board or institution, must have had Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and English as individual subjects and must have a minimum score of 50% (40% for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates) marks in the qualifying exam.
CG PET 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to apply for the CG PET 2019 examination need to keep in mind the following dates.
(P.S. – The dates mentioned below are tentative and subject to change.)
- The online application form will be available on the official site from 15th March 2019.
- The last date for the submission of online application form is 5th April 2019 (11:59 PM)
- Admit card will be released on 23rd April 2019.
- The exam will be held on 3rd May 2019 (9:00 AM to 12:15 PM)
- Results will be declared on the 19th of May 2019.
- Counseling will start from 14th June 2019.
- Seat allotment will happen from 25th June 2019.
CG PET 2019 Exam Pattern:
The CG PET 2019 exam pattern will be as given below.
- The questions will all be MCQs and objective in nature.
- The examination will be for 3 hours (180 minutes).
- It paper will be of 150 marks.
- For every correct answer + 1 will be rewarded.
- There will be no negative marking (subject to change. It is advisable to visit the official website for information regarding the same).
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics – 50 questions from each subject having a total of 50 marks for each.
CG PET 2019 Syllabus:
The CG PET 2019 examination will have questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics – all from the intermediate level. A detailed look at the syllabus is given below.
- Force and laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- Rotational motion and moment of inertia
- Properties of solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Effect of electric current
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating current
- Electron, photon and radioactivity
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bond
- Solid state
- Nuclear chemistry
- Chemical equilibrium
- Ionic equilibrium
- Thermochemistry and thermodynamics
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- Principles of metallurgical operations
- Chemical periodicity
- Comparative study of elements
- Transition metals
- Co-ordination compounds
- Chemical analysis
- Chemistry of hydrocarbons
- Organic compounds based on the functional group containing nitrogen
- Organic compounds containing organic oxygen
- Chemistry in daily life
- Co-ordinate geometry of 2D & 3D
- Vector algebra
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Numerical methods
- Information technology
CG PET 2019 Preparation Tips:
For candidates willing to apply for the CG PET 2019 as well as crack it, certain tips are necessary to be kept in mind.
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
How to crack the CG PET 2019?
For candidates willing to crack the CG PET 2019 examination and willing to assure themselves of a seat in any one of the courses of the university, following the above-mentioned preparation tips are of utmost importance.
Reading good guidebooks and solving sample test papers from these books also help one assure themselves of a seat at one of the premier engineering courses in one of the government or private engineering colleges or institutes in Chattisgarh state.