Centralized Admission Committee Pondicherry Admission (CENTAC) is a counseling agency constituted by the Government of Puducherry to do counseling for admissions to various postgraduate and undergraduate courses in the U.T of Puducherry. The admissions in MBBS & BDS is conducted purely on the basis of NEET i.e., National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. The eligibility criteria for other courses are mentioned below in the Eligibility Criteria section.
Candidates, who are looking forward to seeking admission in the respective university must be aware of the admission procedure, eligibility criteria, syllabus of the examination, rules, and regulations of CENTAC and above all that the registration procedure. All of the important details relevant to the examination is mentioned in the following sections.
CENTAC 2019 Registration Process:
Candidates should download and read the brochure, before filling the form. The registration process is mentioned below:
Application forms CANNOT be submitted offline / printed copy by post.
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of CENTAC i.e., www.centacpuducherry.in.
STEP 2 – You will see two links saying – “Register” and “Login.” The first time users should proceed with registration by clicking on “Register”. Fill in the following details:
- Candidate Name.
- Candidate Gender.
- Candidate Date Of Birth.
- 12th class registration number.
- Candidate valid and unique email address.
- The candidate’s mobile number is recommended as this number will be used to send important information.
- Candidate your login Password.
- Enter Confirm Password.
- Click Submit.
You will receive a verification email to activate your account. Click “please click here to verify” and activate your account. And it will redirect you to Centac Website login page. Enter your Login credentials to log in to your account.
STEP 3 – Login using the respective username and password and sign up. You can reset your password in case you don’t remember the password.
STEP 4 – Fill the registration/application form carefully.
STEP 5 – Upload scanned images of your latest photograph (size of 20 KB to 50 KB).
STEP 5 – Upload the self-attested photocopies of the following documents.
- Mark Sheet(s) of the Qualifying Examination
- Nationality Certificate
- Nativity / Residence Certificate (for Govt Seats)
- Certificate in support of the claim for reservation under different categories, viz., Community / Persons with Disability / Freedom Fighter / Ex-serviceman / Sports
For Claiming Reservation Benefit.
- Rural Certificate (only Rural Government Colleges will be considered)
Applicable only for Undergraduate Arts, Science, Commerce Courses.
- Regional Reservation Certificate (For Professional Under Graduate and Diploma courses)
STEP 6 – Make payment: select mode of payment, and proceed to make the payment.
Registration Fee Details:
- General Category – Rs. 1000.
- Scheduled Caste Category – Rs. 500.
CENTAC 2019 Application Form Details:
Candidates are required to fill in the following details in the application form:
- Select your region.
- Select your category (SC / ST / OBC / Others).
- Amount to be paid.
- Select the course you want to apply for.
- The course Selection page will be displayed after making the payment.
- Check the courses which you would like to apply in the course list.
- For MBBS, BDS, BVSC courses– NEET Number mandatory.
- For Engineering—JEE Number mandatory.
- Applying for.
- Candidate’s name.
- Parent/ Guardian’s Name.
- Parent employed in (Government or private sector).
- Parent’s annual income.
- Address for communication.
- Phone number.
- Email Id.
- Details of matriculation.
- Details of 12th
CENTAC 2019 Rules and Regulations:
The rules and regulations mentioned below are as prescribed by CENTAC.
- The mode of application is online only.
- Before filling the application, read the online prospectus/brochure Candidates should ensure that all information entered during the online registration process is correct. Information provided by candidates like the name of the candidate, contact address, category, educational qualification, date of birth, etc. during online submission of application form will be treated as correct and CENTAC will not entertain, under any circumstances, any request for change. CENTAC does not edit / modify/alter any information entered by the candidates at the time of online submission of application form. But CENTAC reserves the right to update inadvertent errors in marks, etc entered by the Candidates based on the records made available to CENTAC.
- CENTAC may reopen the ONLINE application, depending upon necessity. Fresh Applications will be received whenever there is lowering of Cut Off Marks or when there is a lack of a sufficient number of Candidates or for any other reason.
- CLASSIFICATION OF SEATS:
Seats are broadly classified into one or more of the following Categories:
- Govt. Seats in Govt. Colleges and Govt. Quota seats in Private Colleges.
- Management Quota Seats in Private Colleges.
- Management Quota Seats (Minority Quota) in Minority Private Colleges.
- NRI Quota Seats in Govt. and Private Colleges.
- Self-Financing Quota Seats in Govt. Colleges.
- Foreign National Seats in Govt. Colleges.
- Candidates who have appeared for the supplementary examination should not wait for the results but should apply online on or before the last date. However, such candidates should upload the photocopy of the mark statement of the qualifying examination within FIVE days from the date of the announcement of the supplementary result.
CENTAC 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
|Courses||Lower age limit||Upper age limit|
|Post Graduate Courses||Candidates must have completed 35 years as on 31.12.2019|
|U.G. MBBS / BDS / BAMS Courses||17 years as on 31.12.2019|
|U. G. Professional Courses||17 years as on 31.12.2019||21 to 30 years as on 31.12.2019 depending on the course|
|U.G. Arts and Science Courses||The candidate should not have completed 21 years of age as on 1st July 2019. However, age relaxation by three years for SC / ST candidates, five years for PWDs and five years in the case of Nuns belonging to various Religious congregations and Widows are applicable.|
|U.G. Performing & Fine Arts Courses||The candidate should not have completed 23 years of age as on 1st July 2019. However, age relaxation by three years is applicable to Physically Challenged and Scheduled Caste and Tribe candidates. Apart from the above-said candidates, no age relaxation will be given to any candidate under any circumstances.|
|Under Graduate Education and Diploma Courses||The upper age limit is not exceeding 29 years as on 31.07.2019 and relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC, MBC, etc.|
|Hotel Management Courses||22 to 25 years of age as on 01.07.2019 depending upon the course|
A candidate seeking admission through CENTAC should be an Indian National. However, French Nationals residing in the UT of Puducherry and covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession shall be treated on par with Indian Nationals, for the purpose of admission to all the courses.
An applicant is considered to be a Puducherry resident if he/she is an Indian National and satisfies at least one of the following criteria:
- The applicant or his/her parents should have resided continuously in the Union Territory at least for the last five years as on 01-06-2019.
- Those candidates who have passed the Matric / S.S.L.C. or any other public examination and for that purpose had undergone academic studies continuously for five successive classes preceding the qualifying examination in a recognized educational institution located in this Union Territory, with continuous residence in this Union Territory during the said 5 years.
- Children of natives of U.T. of Puducherry who has declared any place in U.T. of Puducherry as their hometown and so certified by their respective Heads of Office. Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format has to be enclosed.
- Children whose parents are Central/ State Government Servants/ Defense Personnel/ Central Paramilitary Forces/ Employees of Public Sector Undertakings wholly or substantially owned either by the Central Government or by the Puducherry Administration posted and serving in U.T. of Puducherry for at least a minimum continuous period of three years immediately prior to the last date of submission of application.
Children of the above said employees should have studied HSC / S.S.L.C. (9th and 10th Standard) of two years in any of the schools in the U.T. of Puducherry and should have passed the qualifying examinations (HSC/ S.S.L.C.) from the same school.
- Children of Defense Personnel who were killed or disabled in action and children and who have declared Puducherry as their hometown.
- French nationals in U.T. of Puducherry and covered by the terms of the “Treaty of Cession of the French Establishments of Pondicherry, Karaikal, Mahe, and Yanam” shall be treated on par with candidates who produce the prescribed Puducherry State Residence Certificate. Such French Nationals will not be required to produce Residence Certificate but instead should produce a “Certificate of Registration” issued for this purpose by the French Consulate at Puducherry
|CATEGORIES||PERCENTAGE OF RESERVATION|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11%|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2%|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18%|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2%|
|Backward Tribes (BT)||1%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
CENTAC 2019 Important Dates:
The dates are tentative and are liable to change.
|Availability of Online Application Form of CENTAC 2019||First week of June 2019|
|Final Date to Submit Online Application Form||the Second week of June, 2019|
|Announcement of CENTAC 2019 Merit List||First week of July, 2019|
|Release of CENTAC 2019 Final Merit List||Second week of July, 2019|
|Mock Allotment||Last week of July, 2019|
|Provisional Allotment||First week of August, 2019|
CENTAC 2019 Preparation Tips:
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you close to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting a better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as any questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.