Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is a national level entrance examination authorized by the Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai for admission into M.Design and Ph.D. Design courses. It is a gateway to securing a position in prestigious colleges including IIT Bengaluru, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, among others.
The exam will be tentatively held in January 2019. The registration process for the same is available in the online mode. The application form is available on the official website, www.ceed.iitb.ac.in. The exam pattern and the syllabus follow from the past trends and mentioned guidelines. A tentative schedule has been released on various websites but an official notification for the exam dates is awaited.
The exam is to be held across a number of centers throughout the nation and applicants can opt for their preferred cities. The marks obtained in PART A of the exam will be used to shortlist students for appearing in the second round (Part B). The results will be declared in March 2019. No centralized counseling is held after the declaration of the result since individualized admissions take place.
Aspirants are expected to buckle up and start strategizing to achieve the pinnacle of success they’re aiming for.
CEED 2019 Registration:
CEED 2019 will tentatively take place in January 2019. The registration process and the filling of application form will begin in November 2018 tentatively and continue till December 2019. The registration process is an online procedure and there is no offline mode available for it.
STEP BY STEP REGISTRATION GUIDE
- Applicants need to visit the official website, www.ceed.iitb.ac.in, to register for CEED 2019.
- Applicants are required to furnish basic details as Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and Phone Number to register and thereby ‘Register.’
- A login ID and password will be sent to the applicant’s registered email ID and phone number.
LOGIN AND FILL APPLICATION FORM
- Applicants should log in with their credentials to fill in the application form.
- Applicants are expected to read the instructions provided before clicking ‘Proceed’ on the website.
- The Application Form requires the filling of Basic Details such as Personal Details, Qualification, Exam Centre etc.
- Applicants are required to upload their recent photograph and signature along with other required documents in JPG/JPEG format with a file size of 20kb to 30kb.
- On completing the application form, candidates should proceed to the payment window.
- The application fee is Rs. 2200/- for General candidates.
- The application fee is Rs. 1100/- for SC/ST/SCA/PWD candidates.
- The fee can be deposited only in the online mode via Debit Card/Credit Card/ Net Banking
PRINT APPLICATION FORM
- After making the payment, applicants must take a print out of the application form by clicking on the ‘Print Application Form’ tab for future references.
CEED 2019 Application Form Details:
The applicants can apply for CEED 2019 through online mode only. The application will be available for a stipulated period of time from November 9, 2018 – December 10, 2018. Applicants have to enter their personal details, qualification details, address, etc in the application form and upload their recent photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
A list of the required documents is given below:
- Scanned copy of degree/diploma certificate (if the course is completed). If the applicant does not have the final degree certificate, upload the copy of the final year mark or the provisional certificate. If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college/Head of the department should be uploaded.
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category have to produce a valid category certificate issued by concerned authorities.
- Candidates belonging to PwD category should produce a valid medical certificate.
- PwD candidates requiring extra time during the exam need to upload a request letter.
- Applicants whose names are not the same as on the degree/diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport showing the change of name.
The payment of application fee is the last step in filling the form. The specifications are given below:
- 1,100 for all women candidates
- 1,100 for SC/ST/PWD candidates (Reserved)
- 2,200 for all General candidates.
- The payment can be made through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking only.
After successful submission of the application form, candidates should take the printout of the confirmation page for future references.
CEED 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for CEED 2019 is given below:
- Candidates must have passed a degree/ diploma/post graduate degree programme of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level),
- must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2018,
- must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2017.
INDIVIDUAL INSTITUTE’S ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Before applying for CEED, candidates are advised to check whether they meet the required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
- There is no age limit to appear for CEED.
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS
- A candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
CEED 2019 Exam Pattern:
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is a national level entrance examination authorized by the Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai for admission into M.Design and Ph.D. Design courses. It is a gateway to securing a position in prestigious colleges including IIT Bengaluru, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, amo0ng others.
The exam will be tentatively held in January 2019. The registration process for the same is available in the online mode. The examination
The examination pattern for CEED 2019 is given below;
- Duration: 3 hours (1+2)
- Sections: 2 (Part A and Part B)
- Type of Questions:
- Part A: Objective Type Questions
- Part B: Questions will be displayed on the computer screen and the answers are to be written in the answer book provided by the invigilator (NOT on the Computer). Part B answer books will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Language: English only
- Marks allotted for each correct answer: 2
- Negative Marking: 0.6
|SUBJECT||No. OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS|
|In Part B, there will be 8 questions.
Of these, in questions 1-5, the candidates have a choice to attempt any one of these questions.
Question 6,7,8 are mandatory.
CEED 2019 Exam Dates:
The exam will be tentatively held in January 2019. The registration process for the same is available in the online mode. Keeping a track of important dates concerning the examination is vital for the candidates. The tentative schedule for CEED 2019 is given below;
|1||A release of Application Form||October 9 – November 10, 2018|
|2||Admit Card Availability||December 25 Onwards|
|3||Last Date for rectification||January 5, 2019|
|5||CEED Exam Date||January 20, 2019|
|6||A release of Answer Key for Part A||February 4, 2019|
|7||Declaration of Result||March 5, 2019|
CEED 2019 Syllabus:
CEED 2019 has two papers Part A and Part B. Part A is the qualifying paper to appear for Part B. The syllabus for CED 2019 is given below;
Design aptitude type questions that evaluate visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity of the candidates.
Questions that are aimed at testing design, drawing and writing skills
CEED 2019 Preparation Tips:
Since prestigious examinations can be overwhelming, one needs to maintain their calm and strategize in order to obtain the best results. Here are a few tips to guide candidate’s through this examination;
- Research: Candidates should research and thoroughly go through the CEED 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus and plan accordingly.
- Outline and Strategize: An individual is a highly self-aware and incomplete knowledge of what he/she is good at, average at or weak at. This awareness shall facilitate strategizing to focus on areas of weaknesses and honing of exceptional skills.
- Preparatory Books: Do some research and find the books suiting your needs and start preparing.
- Practice on Online Mock Tests: Mock tests help you organize your time as well as analyze your knowledge level. They bring forth your areas of strength and weaknesses and thus are necessary and extremely helpful.
- Focus: Focus is vital for anyone looking to achieve greater heights. An examination that opens doors to prestigious institutions can be succeeded at only if candidates are focused and dedicated.
- Time Management: Finally, since this is a time-bound examination, candidates should focus on speedsolving. Improving interpretation and analyzation speed is key to securing a good score.