About CBSE Board:
The Central Board of Secondary Education is an apex Board of Education which has a global presence with almost 141 affiliated schools across 25 foreign countries and is under MHRD, Government of India. The board got its name in the year 1952. CBSE affiliates all Kendriya Vidyalayas, all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, private schools, and most of the schools approved by the central government of India.
The board conducts the final examinations for Class 10th and 12th every year in the month of March across the country. Apart from these, CBSE used to conduct various medical and engineering entrance examinations like JEE, UGC-NET, CTET, and many more. Hence, it has become the largest examination conducting body in the country.
About CBSE 12th Board:
Since there are three streams available in the class 12th course, a candidate gets chance to choose from the subject combinations available. The Board offers the following subjects in class 12th:
- English Elective or English Core
- Dance – Kathak, Bharatanatyam, and Odissi
- CR Writing TR Study
- First Aid & Emergency Medical Care
- Child Health Nursing
- Clinical Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Retail Services
- Information Storage and Retrieval
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Front Office Management
- Fashion Studies
- Radiation Physics
- Information Practices
- Business Studies
- National Cadet Corps
- Geography, and many more.
Note: – There are 167 subjects in total including optional subjects and compulsory subjects.
To pass the CBSE 12th examination, a candidate must obtain 33% aggregate in both theory and practical examination. If a student does not manage to clear only one subject, then he/she can write the supplementary examination in that subject. If the candidate fails the supplementary examination or fails in two or more than two subjects, he/she must have to rewrite all the subjects in the next year.
CBSE 12th Board Date Sheet:
The Central Board of Secondary Education shall release the notification for 12th board examination through the official website www.cbse.nic.in. The notification for all the streams (Arts, Commerce, and Science) will be released on the website.
The board will tentatively conduct the practical examination from 16th January 2019 to 25th February 2019. As per the sources, the written theoretical examination will be held from 5th March 2019. The examination will be conducted until the second week of April 2019.
CBSE 12th Board Time Table:
The board will release the timetable in the month of January 2019 for practicals and written examination. Candidates are suggested to check the website regularly. The practical examination of class 12th will tentatively start from 10th January 2019. As per the previous year trends, the main examination will start from the first Monday 0f March 2019 and time will be 10:30 am.
The official date-sheet and time-table will be available in January 2019 and it will contain the date, subject, subject code, the timing of the examination, and the center of the examination. Candidates can download the date-sheet and time-table from the website www.cbse.nic.in.
Steps to Download the Date-sheet:
- The applicants need to visit the official website cbse.nic.in.
- On the same page, there will be a link “Latest @ CBSE” that shows the latest news about the examination.
- Now, the candidate shall have to click on the link “Press Note: Date Sheet for the Main Examination 2019 | Class X | Class XII”.
- After clicking on the “Class XII”, candidates will be able to download the date sheet of the main examination.
Note: – The compartment examination for the eligible candidates will be tentatively held in the month of July 2019.
CBSE Class 12th Admit Card Details:
The CBSE will tentatively upload the admit card for Class 12th examination on the second week of February 2019 on the official website of CBSE. After visiting the official website, candidates should click on the link “Class 10th or Class 12th Admit Card 2019”. Candidates will be asked to enter their date of birth and name to proceed further. After clicking on the “Submit” button, candidates shall be able to download the admit card in pdf format.
The admit card will consist of the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Name of the Examination
- Examination Roll Number
- Examination Centre
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- Names of the Subjects studied by the Candidate
- Examination Dates
CBSE Class 12th Important Tips:
A candidate who is appearing for CBSE class 12th examination shall follow below tips to make a good score in the examination:
- Candidates should understand all the concepts in-depth. Understanding the fundamentals and concepts of the subjects is very important to solve the questions as it will also help in the future.
- Candidates should make short notes and tricks to solve questions quickly and save time during the examination.
- The candidates should solve previous years’ question papers. Solving the papers regularly will make candidates perfect. Also, most questions which will be asked will be from previous years’ question papers.
- Candidates must read NCERT thoroughly since it contains questions and explanations.
- Candidates shall make a time-table and prepare according to it.