Vellore Institute of Technology has released the notification regarding the VITEEE 2019. The exam will be conducted in the second or third week of April, 2019 in three sessions per day. B.Tech aspirants wishing to join Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) must appear for VITEEE 2019 and qualify in it. VITEEE is the annual entrance examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology for admissions to its campuses at Vellore and Chennai as well as its group universities at Bhopal and Amravati respectively. Applications forms of VITEEE will be available both offline and online November 1, 2018. Eligible candidates must apply for the exam, book their slots to download their admit card in third week of March, 2019 to appear for the exam. VITEEE 2019 result will be announced online in the last week of April, 2019 with counseling held soon after. Read the complete article to brief you with the application process, detailed eligibility criteria, dates, and exam details of VITEEE.
Eligibility Criteria Of VITEEE:
- Nationality- Candidate should be a Resident of India. NRIs can also apply. PIO/OCI candidates who have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years are also eligible to apply.
- Age Requirement- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2019. Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on 1st July of the admission year.
- Educational Qualification- Candidates who have either completed any of the following qualifying exams or shall be appearing in 2019 are eligible to apply.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi)
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (G C E) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Other Open School candidates are not eligible for VITEEE.
- Pass percentage in class 12 or equivalent exam.
Candidates should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) while there is a relaxation of 10% for candidates belonging to SC, ST, J&K, North Eastern states. Candidates belonging to these categories should produce the documents at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
VITEEE Application Form Details:
Candidates can apply online at the official site of VITEEE by paying Rs 1150. NRI Candidates can pay a demand draft of 50 USD by sending it along with the hard copy of application form to the Vellore Institute of Technology. Candidates can avail the offline application form by paying Rs 1200 in cash from the specified post offices. Application form of VITEEE 2019 will also be available in the Vellore Institute of Technology campuses in exchange of a demand draft of Rs 1200 drawn in favor of the Vellore Institute of Technology and payable at the respective campus.
Online Application Form
Candidates are advised to keep the scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format handy before filling up the application form. Candidates have to register by entering the requisite details. Candidates can then login to fill the VITEEE 2019 application form by entering the email id and the password received at their mail and the contact number. After entering all the required inputs candidates can submit the application form of VITEEE to generate the application number which must be noted down for the future reference. Candidates have to pay the application fee and upload the scanned photograph and signature to complete the process. A printout of VITEEE application form 2019 should be taken for future reference.
Offline Application form
Candidates have to completely fill the OMR application form of VITEEE following the guidelines given in the brochure. The candidates have to paste a recent passport size, colored photograph in the specified area and sign the form at the designated space. Candidates must ensure that the application form is not altered in any manner. The completed application form has to be enclosed separately in the envelope provided with the application form and sent by the post to the address mentioned in the envelope. Candidate must keep a copy of VITEEE 2019 application form for future reference.
VITEEE 2019 Exam Pattern:
Going through the VITEEE Exam pattern students can get familiar with the types of questions asked in the exam. VITEEE is an online exam of duration 2 hours and 30 minutes. VITEEE exam will be conducted in 3 sessions in a single day. The paper will be divided into four parts of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology comprising multiple choice questions. Each part will have 40 questions while, English section will have only 5 questions with each question carrying 1 mark. Each question will have four options with one correct answer. There will be no negative marking in the exam. The table below consists VITEEE Exam pattern in detail.
|1||Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|2||Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Sessions||Session I: 9.00 AM to 11.30 AM
Session II: 12.30 PM to 3.00 PM
Session III: 4.00 PM to 6.30 PM
|4||Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|5||Sections||· Physics (40 Questions)
· Chemistry (40 Questions)
· Mathematics/Biology (40 Questions)
· English (5 Questions)
|6||Total Number of Questions||125 Questions|
|7||Total Marks||125 Marks|
|8||Marking Scheme||1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer|
|9||Negative Marking||There will no negative marking|
VITEEE Slot Booking:
Registered candidates have to book their slot in the Online Test Booking System within the stipulated time. Candidates need to login by entering the VITEEE 2019 application number and the password. Candidates must carefully go through the details. Candidate should confirm the Test City as chosen in the VITEEE application form, the date and the batch for the exams. Candidates must note that VITEEE 2019 slot booking is done on a first come first served basis and are subject to the availability of the test centre, date and time.
Slot Booking Procedure:
- Candidates have to login on the official site and enter the application number and password.
- Candidates have to select the date and time and confirm the test city as chosen in the application form.
- A slot once booked cannot be changed under any circumstances. Therefore, candidates must be careful while choosing the exam date, time and the exam centre.
- If a candidate fails to book the slot within the stipulated time then the slot will be booked automatically based on the data provided in the application form and the availability of slot.
- Once the slot booking process is completed, VITEEE admit card will be generated.
VITEEE Admit Card:
After the completion of slot booking, VITEEE 2019 admit card is generated online for the candidates. Candidates have to click on the download option given therein and print the admit card of VITEEE 2019. Candidates must check the details mentioned in the VITEEE admit card for discrepancies and get them corrected if any.
Details mentioned in VITEEE admit card:
The e-Admit card of VITEEE 2019 will indicate the following details:
- Admit card number
- Photograph of the student
- Address of the test centre
- Test date and time selected by the candidate.
Candidates will also receive a copy of the admit card of VITEEE 2019 on their email for which they must ensure that they provide a valid email id in their application form.
Vellore Institute of Technology
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
Tel: 91-416-2202157 / 68