The Banaras Hindu University was founded by Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviyaji in 1916. It is public central university located in Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh). The university is organized into 6 institutes and 14 streams.
Banaras Hindu University conducts an entrance examination for the candidates who want to make their career in the nursing field. The School of Nursing, Sir Sunderlal Hospital, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, offers Three and a half year Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course to all the eligible candidates from all over the country.
BHU GNM 2019 Registration:
Candidates are suggested to read the information and instructions mentioned in the information booklet before registering and filling up the form. The application form will be released in the second week of May 2019. The last date to fill the application form will be in the third week of June 2019.
BHU GNM 2019 Application Form Details:
Candidates can download the application form from the official website of BHU www.bhu.ac.in. Apart from this, candidates can obtain the application form either in person or by post during the period which will be mentioned by the University in the Newspapers or the website. The duly filled form should be sent to the following address:
Office of the Medical Superintendent,
Sir Sunderlal Hospital, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221005.
An application fee should be paid through demand draft or cheque for the examination. The application fee for different categories is given below:
- For General Category: Rs. 500/-
- For SC/ST Category: Rs. 400/-
Demand Draft should be payable at BOB, BHU Branch (Code BHUVAR) in favor of the Medical Superintendent, Sir Sunderlal Hospital, Banaras Hindu University
The application form shall not be available on cash payment. The application form should be sent to the office duly completed and accompanied by required DD and other documents. No communication will be made to the candidates who have not qualified for appearing in the written examination for admission to the nursing course. The application form must be filled in by the candidate in her own writing.
Documents to be sent along with Admission Form:
- High School/SSLC Passing Certificate
- High School/SSLC Mark Sheet
- Intermediate/Pre-degree/10+2/Any Other Equivalent Examination Passing out Certificate
- Intermediate/Pre-degree/10+2/Any Other Equivalent Examination Passing out Mark Sheet
- SC/ST Certificate (Attested Photocopy) from a competent Authority
- The relevant Affidavit in Original in case of Divorcee
- A self-addressed envelope of the size 25cm x 10cm and a DD of Rs. 50/- drawn in favor of the Medical Superintendent, SSH, payable at Bank of Baroda, BHU Branch.
- One 8cm x 4cm. size slip mentioning the name and address of the applicant in Block Letters.
BHU GNM 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Only the female candidates who are Indian citizens and are Unmarried, Divorcee/Widow without any children liability and who are medically fit in all respects i.e. physically and mentally are eligible to apply for the admission in GNM course.
- The candidate should be 17 to 35 years of age as on 1st September of the year of admission.
- The candidate should have passed intermediate/12th or equivalent with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology from a recognized university having 45% marks in aggregate for the General Category (35% in case of reserved category).
- Those who will appear for intermediate/12th or equivalent examination or whose results are not declared shall be eligible for the examination but they will be required to submit attested photocopy of the qualifying examination mark-sheet latest by 16th August of the year of Nursing Written Entrance Test without their candidature will not be considered.
BHU GNM Exam Pattern:
The Nursing admission entrance examination will be objective type examination. The question paper will consist of 100 questions which will be of 400 marks in total. The duration of the examination will be two hours. For each correct answer, four marks will be awarded. There will be negative marking. For each wrong answer, one marks will be deducted. The question paper will be divided into four sections:
|Subject Name||Number of Questions|
The qualifying marks in the written examination for admission shall be 45% for General category and 35% for SC/ST category. In case of candidates obtaining same marks in the written examination, the University will decide on the basis of inter-se-merit of the candidates.
BHU GNM 2019 Exam Dates:
The written examination will be tentatively held in the second week of July 2019. Exact dates of the examination will be updated on the official website by BHU. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of BHU. The examination will be conducted in the BHU University only.
Results will be declared after conduction of examination. The result will be released in the pdf format.
Every year, BHU commences the course in GNM in the first week of September.
Number of Seats in GNM Course:
There are total 24 seats in the course which are further reserved as per the category of a candidate.
- Number of Seats for General Category: 18 Seats
- Number of Seats for SC Category: 4 Seats
- Number of Seats for ST Category: 2 Seats
BHU GNM 2019 Syllabus:
- Chemistry: Basic concepts of Chemistry like the States of Matter, Atomic Models, Chemical Energetic, Chemical Bonding, Equilibrium in Physical and Chemical Processes, Ionic Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons Purification, and Characterization of Carbon Compounds.
- Physics: Introduction and Measurement, Description of Motion in One Dimension, Description of Motion in 2 and 3 Dimensions, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Heat and Thermodynamics, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents, Magnetic Effects of Current.
- Botany: Origin and Development of Botany, Morphology, Vegetative Root, Stem, Leaves, Reproductive, Inflorescence, Flower, Reproduction in angiosperms, Process of Fertilization, Post Fertilization Changes, Plant Ecology, Cell Biology, Internal Organization of Plants.
- Zoology: Phylum, Reptilian, Aves and Mammalia, Functional Anatomy of the Rabbit, Digestive System, Reproductive System, Respiratory and Circulatory System, Excretory System, Nervous and Endocrine System, and Organic Evolution.