Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board is established under Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Act, 1995. It organizes exam every year for admissions in various professional courses of Medical, Engineering and Agricultural streams in the Institutions of the State of Bihar.
About BCECE 2019:
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination is a state level entrance examination and conducted by BCECE Board. Around 3000 seats in various government and private engineering institutes are filled by this examination every year. All the aspirants can check the details about this examination on the official website of Bihar Board http://www.bceceboard.bihar.gov.in.
Almost 30 institutions take part in the given exam for granting admission to 17 Engineering Stream and 13 Agriculture Stream.
BCECE 2019 Registration Details:
According to the authorities, registration for 2019 BCECE will start from the second week of February 2019. Form registration will be done by online mode. To register for the examination, candidates should provide a valid e-mail id and mobile number. After this, an activation code will be sent to the registered mobile number. This activation code will activate the account of the candidate.
BCECE 2019 Application Details:
The application form will be available from the second week of February 2019. Candidates will have to fill the form in two parts A and B. Both of the parts are mandatory to fill. Part A will consist of registration and fee payment and Part B will consist of personal and educational details. To apply for the exam, candidates will have to pay an application fee. This can be done by offline mode and online mode as well.
- Fee for the candidates with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology OR Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics:
- Fee for the candidates with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology OR Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and belongs to General/OBC Category is 1000/-
For offline mode, candidates shall download the challan from the website and deposit the fee to the bank. For online mode, net-banking/debit card/credit card can be used. Candidates should download a copy of application form for future reference. It will be asked while counseling round after clearing examination. There is no need to send hard copy of application form to the Board.
BCECE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India and must have domicile of Bihar. Parents of the candidate should be a resident of Bihar or working in Bihar.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or any other equivalent examination from a recognized board. For General/OBC, a candidate must have a minimum of 45% aggregate in the examination, and for SC/ST a candidate must have a minimum of 40% aggregate in the examination.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics.
- For a course in Pharmacy, Physics and Chemistry are mandatory. Biotechnology, Biology, and technical vocational subjects are also important for the exam.
- If a candidate who is appearing for final year applies for the exam, then he/she should submit all the required documents while counseling.
- There is no age limit for engineering and pharmacy courses. For physiotherapy, public health, occupational therapy, the minimum age limit is 17 years.
BCECE 2019 Exam Pattern:
BCECE 2019 will be conducted on pen-paper mode i.e. offline mode. The question paper will be of multiple choice type questions. The language of the question paper will be English and Hindi as well. For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 4 marks. There will be negative marking. For each wrong answer, one marks will be deducted. The examination will be divided into two parts:
- First Part: This section will have four sections- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, and each section will have 50 questions. Duration of this section will be 135 minutes.
- Second Part: This section will have four sections- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. Each section will have a maximum mark of 400. Each section will have 100 questions in total. Duration of the exam is one hour and 30 minutes.
Note: – Attempting Physics and Chemistry is mandatory. Candidates who want to get admission into engineering department must attempt Mathematics section.
BCECE 2019 Syllabus:
BCECE syllabus is based on the 10+2 level. Given below is the detailed syllabus of BCECE:
Physics: Physics, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Heat and Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, and Communication Systems.
Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s-Block Elements, p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d-and f-block Elements, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, and Polymers.
Mathematics: Sets and Functions, Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Calculus, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics and Probability, Relations and Functions, Vectors and Three-dimensional Geometry, Probability.
Biology: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Sexual Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology, and its applications, Ecology and Environment.
BCECE 2019 Exam Dates:
According to the authorities, admit card will be released in the first week of June 2019. All the candidates should download the admit card from the official website of the board. No candidate will be allowed without the admit card. If a candidate finds any error in the admits card, then they should inform the board before five days of examination. Tentatively, the first stage of the examination will be held in the third week of June.
Answer key will be released in the last week of June 2019. Board will release the admit card on the official website.
The result will be declared in the third week of July 2019 and tentatively counseling will start from last week of July 2019. BCECE will release the result after examination in pdf format with category wise roll number. A merit list will be made on the basis of marks scored by the candidates. After shortlisting all the candidates, counseling will be held for admission. Percentage of seats reserved in BCECE is given below:
|Extremely Backward Class||18%|
|Reserved Category Girls||3%|
BCECE Preparation Tips:
- Candidates should prepare themselves according to the difficulty level of the examination. They should not go beyond the prescribed syllabus. And also they should not leave any topic from the syllabus.
- All the candidates should make a timetable and they are advised it to follow it on regular basis.
- Before starting the syllabus, they should thoroughly read the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Solving previous year question papers will help to understand their strengths and week parts.
|Sitamarhi||Sheohar||East Champaran||West Champaran|
Documents Required while Counselling:
- 10th and 12th mark-sheets and certificates
- BCECE admission letter and allotment letter
- 6 photographs
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate if applicable
- Medical Certificate if applicable