Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is an undergraduate degree through which a candidate can get a job in the field of teaching. Previously the course was known as Bachelor of Training. The course offers a career in teaching related field. The degree is mandatory for teaching at the secondary and higher secondary level classes in private or government schools. The course can be done through correspondence or distance learning. The degree requires the knowledge in the following subjects:
- Chemistry, and
The topics covered in the Bachelor of Education are given below:
- Education, Culture, and Human Values
- Educational Evaluation and Assessment
- Educational Psychology
- Guidance and Counselling
- Holistic Education, and
- Philosophy of Education.
Duration of Bachelor of Education Course:
Previously, the duration of the course was one year but now it has been increased to two years divided into four semesters.
Admission Procedure for Bachelor of Education:
The admission in Bachelor of Education course is done through marks based on the qualifying examination. There are some institutes which take an admission test to grant admission in the course. Candidates are advised to go through the website of the university they are opting for.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Education:
- A candidate must have passed the higher secondary examination or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- He/she must have secured a minimum % aggregate in the qualifying to be eligible for the entrance in the course.
- Candidates who want to get admission in the course must appear for the entrance examination which is conducted by various universities. Based on the rank obtained in the examination, candidates are given admission.
Entrance Examinations for the Admission in Bachelor of Education:
- Delhi University B.Ed. Entrance Examination: This examination is generally conducted in the month of June by the university every year. To apply for B.Ed. course in this university, interested candidates can visit the website https://du.ac.in or https://doe.du.ac.in.
- Guru Nanak Dev University Entrance Examination: This is a state level examination for admissions in B.Ed. program. The test is generally conducted in the month of July every year. Candidates who desire to do the course from this university can apply on the website https://web.gndu.ac.in.
- IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) B.Ed. Entrance Examination: This examination is held by IGNOU every year throughout India. All the interested candidates can apply for the examination on the website ignou.ac.in.
- Mumbai University B.Ed. Entrance Examination: A candidate who wants to pursue B.Ed. course from Mumbai University can apply for the same on the official website https://beateacher.in/admission-procedure.
- J.P Rohilkhand University Entrance Examination: Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University offers various courses including B.Ed. The examination is generally held in the month of May every year. Interested candidates can apply for the course on the website www.mjpru.ac.in.
- Punjab University B.Ed. Entrance Examination: This examination is a state level examination held by Punjab University, Chandigarh for admissions into B.Ed. course. Candidates can apply for the examination on the website pbbedadmissions.puchd.ac.in. The examination is generally held in the month of July.
- Purvanchal B.Ed. Entrance Examination: This examination is conducted by Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Dehradun for admissions in B.Ed. course. Interested candidates can apply for the admission on the website vbspu.ac.in.
- Satyam College of Education B.Ed. Entrance Examination: This examination is conducted by the Satyam College of Education, Mumbai for admissions in B.Ed. course. The university offers admissions to girls only. Interested female candidates can apply for the admission on the website https://www.satyameducation.in.
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
After the completion, of course, a candidate has a lot of options to get a job in private as well as government schools as well. A candidate who is interested in higher studies can opt for Master of Education (M.Ed.). Teaching is one of the most respected professions in the world. A candidate can get a job as a permanent or temporary in the field.
A candidate with B.Ed. the degree can choose any one of the below job profiles:
- Assistant Dean
- Content Writer
- Education Consultant
- Education Researcher
- Military Trainer
- Online Tutor
- Private Tutor
- School Teachers
- Syllabus Designer, and