ATMA is a national-level entrance examination for management courses across the nation. It provides opportunities for admissions at the post-graduate level and is conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS). The courses offered include MBA/PGDM/MMS/MCA courses.
The examination is held five times a year: January, February, May, July and August. ATMA 2018’s August exam is right around the corner. It is a computer-based test and the registration for the same are underway.
ATMA 2018 June results have already been declared and registrations for the August edition end on 30th July, 2018. The exam assess a candidate’s analytical, verbal and quantitative skills to ensure a holistic image of ones cognitive skills. ATMA exams are stated to be of moderate difficulty level as per the past trends. The test consists of 180 questions divided in 6 sections to be solved in 3 hours. Since the exam pattern is almost similar to CAT, SNAP, MAT, it provides the candidates with the opportunity to
synchronise their preparations with these exams without much additional efforts.
The test is conducted in about 18 cities and around 100 MBA colleges located across India in Delhi/NCR, Jaipur, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune and other prominent cities accept ATMA exam score.
Each year, thousands of candidates appear for the examination for admissions to
premier management colleges in the country. Aspirants should start strategizing and
preparing for the esteemed examination.
ATMA 2018 Application Form Details:
The registration process for ATMA 2018 is simple and not laborious. The applicant needs to visit the official website, www.atmaaims.com , to register for this exam. By providing personal details, one can make the payment for the same and henceforth furnish other details along with uploading of scanned images of the candidates photograph and signature to complete the registration process.
The Application Form requires the candidate to carefully and attentively fill in Personal Details since no requests for changes are entertained by the authorities. Requests for change of test centres once the submission of the form is made are also not heeded to except for valid reasons in exceptional cases where the request for change is made well in advance i.e., at-least 5 days before the test, and subject to availability of seats and the approval of test administrator.
Since the registration process is not tedious, candidates are advised to finish it in one go and not linger on with it. Candidate’s should certainly take 2 print outs of their registration forms to ensure security.
ATMA 2018 Registration:
The candidates need to visit the official website, www.atmaaims.com to register for ATMA 2018 August Exam.
REGISTRATION DATES: 28 June – 30 July 2018.
STEP 1: FEE PAYMENT
- The registration process commences with the filling in of basic personal details and the Payment of Fees.
- The Registration Fee for ATMA exam is of ₹1298/- (Rupees One Thousand Two Hundred Ninety-Eight Only) including GST.
- The exam fee can only be paid using Debit or Credit Card. Facility for payment of a fee in Cash / DD / Cheque / Internet Banking is not available.
- Availability of Fee Concession:
- Concession of 25% fee is available for female applicants .
- Concession of 50% fee is applicable for applicants from North Eastern States of India (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura).
STEP 2 : OBTAINING PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NO. (PID)
- After the payment of the fee, the applicants will receive an auto-generated e-mail from ATMA containing their unique PID on their registered email ID. The same will be provided via SMS on the candidate’s registered mobile number.
- This PID is a candidate’s Login ID.
STEP 3: THE REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Using one’s PID, the candidate can proceed to fill the Registration Form.
- The Registration Form requires the candidate to furnish basic details as Name, Postal Address, Email Id, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Preferred Test City Choice, Educational Qualifications, and choice of Institutes for reporting ATMA Scores.
- Further, the candidate is required to upload scanned Photograph and Signature in the prescribed format to complete the process.
- Every candidate shall be given a login password once the registration process is complete. This password shall be sent by SMS and Email.
STEP 4: PRINTING OF ADMIT CARD
- Once the registration is complete, a candidate can proceed for Printing of Admit Card. However, Admit card can be printed between 03 Aug 2018 (11 am) to 05 Aug 2018 (1:45 PM) only.
ATMA 2018 Exam Dates:
The important dates for the August ATMA 2018 are as follows:
|S.No.||EVENTS||DATES AND TIMINGS|
|1||ONLINE REGISTRATION||June 28, 2018 (10:00 AM) to
July 30, 2018 (11:00 PM)
|2||RELEASE OF ADMIT CARD||03 August, 2018 (11:00 AM) to
05 August, 2018 (01:45 PM)
|3||LAST DATE OF PRINTING APPLICATION FORM||05 August, 2018|
|4||EXAMINATION DATE AND TIME||05 August, 2018 (14:00 to 17:00)|
|5||Declaration Of RESULT||09 August, 2018 (10:00 AM)|
ATMA 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for ATMA 2018 is as follows;
- A Bachelor’s Degree recognized by UGC.
AIMS has stated that the applicant should possess a recognized Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification under 10+2+3 scheme in any stream.
- A Minimum 50% Aggregate Marks.
ATMA August 2018 eligibility prescribes that a graduate from any recognized / statutory University with a minimum of 50% marks can apply and appear in ATMA August Exam.
- Candidates who are in their Final Year of Graduation can also apply for the exam.
ATMA 2018 Exam Pattern:
The examination pattern for the ATMA 2018 is as follows;
- Sections: 3 sections divided into 2 parts each (6)
- Duration: 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Number of questions: 180
- Marks allotted for each correct answer: 1
- Marks deducted for each incorrect answer: 0.25 or ¼
The section-wise division of the examination is given below;
|Section||Section name||Number of questions||Time allotted in Minutes|
|1||Analytical Reasoning Skills -1||30||30|
|4||Verbal Skills -2||30||30|
|5||Analytical Reasoning Skills -2||30||30|
ATMA 2018 Syllabus:
ATMA assess the candidates’ skills in three areas:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Verbal Skills
- Quantitative Skills
Each section is further divided into two parts, making it a total of 6 sections. Each section has 30 questions, with a stipulated 30 minutes to solve each section. The syllabus for each section is as follows:
Section 1: ANALYTICAL REASONING
- Blood Relations
- Arrangement of letters
- Visual Reasoning
- Verbal Logic
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement– Conclusion
- Number Series
Section 2: QUANTITATIVE SKILLS
- Time and Work
- Pie Chart
- Profit and Loss
- Number System
- Bar Graph
- Data Interpretation
- Basic Arithmetic
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
Section 3: VERBAL SKILLS
- Fill in the Blanks
- Reading Comprehension
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Jumbled sentences
ATMA 2018 Preparation Tips:
Since prestigious examinations can be overwhelming, one needs to maintain their calm and strategize in order to obtain the best results. Here are a few tips to guide candidate’s through this examination;
Candidates should research and thoroughly go through the CAT 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus and plan accordingly.
Outline and Strategize :
An individual is highly self-aware and in complete knowledge of what he/she is good at, average at or weak at. This awareness shall facilitate strategizing to focus on arenas of weaknesses and honing of exceptional skills.
Innumerable publications have published books to help candidates prepare for the CAT examination. Do some research and find the books suiting your needs and start preparing.
Practice on Online Mock Tests:
Mock tests help you organize your time as well as analyze your knowledge level. They bring forth your areas of strength and weaknesses and thus are necessary and extremely helpful.
The focus is vital for anyone looking to achieve greater heights. An examination that opens doors to prestigious institutions can be succeeded at only if candidates are focused and dedicated.
Time Management :
Finally, since this is a time-bound examination, candidates should focus on speed solving. Improving interpretation and analyzation speed is key to securing a good score.