Assam CEE (Assam Common Entrance Examination) is a state level examination, conducted by Assam Science and Technology University for admission into five government colleges in Assam. Through Common Entrance Examination, candidates can get admission in various engineering college as per the direction of the Department of Higher Education. Candidates can take admission after 12th to various bachelors’ courses. List of colleges which will give admission under CEE:
- Assam Engineering College, Guwahati
- Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
- Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat
- Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar
- Barek Valley Engineering College, Karimganj
- Golaghat Engineering College, Golaghat
Assam CEE 2019 Registration:
Registration form for Common Entrance Examination 2019 will tentatively start in the first week of March 2019. Applicants should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. Candidates need to register themselves on the main website https://astu.ac.in. with a valid email id and a mobile number.
Assam CEE 2019 Application Form:
Authorities will release the application form in the first week of March 2019. There will be no offline mode. Applicants can apply through online mode only. Candidates shall fill personal details, academic details, and communication details correctly. After this, examination center choice should be filled correctly as it will not be changed once form submitted. The applicant has to upload a scanned copy of photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
An application fee of Rs. 600/- shall be paid through online mode or offline mode. Online payments can be done using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-Banking through State Bank. For offline mode of payment, Cash Deposit Form can be downloaded from the website and then paying the amount at any State Bank of India Branch.
Assam CEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen and a permanent resident of Assam (With a valid PRC of Assam issued by competent authority). Candidates whose parents are working in all Indian Services in India are exempted from the domicile eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should have passed the 12th class at first chance without grace marks in any subject and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects. The candidate should have obtained a minimum of 50% (45% for SC and 40% for ST) aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The candidate should not be more than 21 years and less than 17 years as on 1st August 2019. For reserved, Assam Government has given a relaxation of three years.
Assam CEE 2019 Exam Pattern:
The examination will be conducted by the authorities through offline mode (pen-paper mode). The duration of the examination will be three hours. The language of question paper will be English and Assamese only. There will be multiple choice type questions; four options will be given and out of the four options, one option will be correct. For each correct answer, 4 marks will be given. There will be negative marking. For each wrong answer, one marks will be deducted. The question paper will be divided into following three parts:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks Allotted|
Note: – Candidates shall have to answer on OMR sheets using a ballpoint pen.
Assam CEE 2019 Exam Syllabus:
Syllabus of CEE 2019 will be the same as that of JEE Main. Detailed syllabus is given below:
Physics: Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy & Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, and Communication Systems.
Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s-Block Elements, some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, d-Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes, and Haloarenes, Organic Chemistry, and Polymers.
Mathematics: Sets and Functions, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics and Probability, Relations and Sets, Three Dimensional Geometry, and Linear Programming.
Assam CEE 2019 Exam Date:
Assam Science & Technology will release the admit card on the official website. Tentatively, admit card will be released in the second week of April 2019. Candidates can download the admit card by logging in using their application number and password.
According to the authorities, the examination will be held in the last week of April 2019. All the candidates should carry their admit card. Without it, they will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
The answer of Assam CEE 2019 will be released after the conduction of examination. Candidates can check their answers from the answer key which will be available on the official website. Results will be tentatively declared in the second week of May 2019. Candidates can check the result on the official website of University by providing their course and roll number. Exam authorities will prepare category-wise merit lists for the shortlisted candidates. Based on the number of seats available and the number of candidates applied for the examination CEE 2019, University will decide the cut-off for merit.
The result of Assam CEE 2019 will be declared tentatively in the second week of May 2019. The candidates should download a printout of the result as it will be checked during counseling and seat allotment. Counseling will start tentatively in the second week of July 2019. In the counseling process, candidates will be given three forms: A, B, and C.
- Form A: Personal, academic, and contact details.
- Form B: Choices of Courses, and
- Form C: Admission Record Sheet.
Assam CEE 2019 Exam Centers:
Assam CEE 2019 Reservation of Seats:
- Scheduled Castes: 7%
- Scheduled Tribes: 10%
- Scheduled Tribes (Hills): 5%
- Tea Garden Labour Community: 1 seat in each college
- Ex-tea Garden Labour Community: 1 seat in each college
- Son, and Daughter of Ex-Serviceman: 1 seat in each college
- Physically Challenged: 3% of College Intake Capacity
- NCC, Sportsman, and Moran Communities: 1 seat in each college.
Assam CEE Previous year Cut-off:
After the declaration of result, exam authorities will announce the cut-off. Cut-off will be the minimum score for which admission is obtainable. So the candidates must have scored marks equivalent to the cut-off or more than that cut-off shall be eligible for the counseling round.
Documents Required for Verification:
- Admit Card of Assam CEE 2019
- 10th and 12th Class Mark sheets and Certificates
- Academic Gap Certificate if applicable
- Character Certificate
- Permanent Resident Certificate
- Identity Proof
- Four Passport Size Photographs
Assam CEE Preparation Tips:
- A candidate should prepare a timetable and start preparation according to that timetable.
- At first, candidates should collect all the materials from online website and market. Candidates should solve previous year papers and mocks every day.
- Making short notes will help at last time for revision.