AMUEEE is the national level engineering entrance examination which will be held by Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) in the month of April 2019. The AMUEEE offers an entrance examination for the courses of B.Arch, B.E, and B.Tech. The university is ranked at number 10 according to NIRF and the engineering courses which are offered by the university under the AMUEEE is from the Zakir Hussain College of Engineering and Technology. There are 11 departments of studies under the ZKCET.
AMUEEE 2019 Registration:
The AMUEEE registration process is done online through their official website –https://amucontrollerexams.com/oaps/login.php.
In order to register for the AMUEEE, the candidate needs to provide his or her functional email id and phone number so that the username and password f(or logging in and filling up of the application form) can be sent to the same. On using the username and password provided, the student gets access to his or her dashboard which allows the candidate to fill up his or her form. One registration is sufficient for applying to multiple courses.
AMUEEE 2019 Application Form Details:
After logging on to the site using the username and password which has been provided on the official email and id and phone number, the candidate has to start filling in the application form. The application form will be available from January 2019.
Scanned copies of a recent passport size photograph behind a white background, signature and thumb impression – JPG/JPEG format only (left for boys and right for girls) are to be kept at hand for uploading.
Personal details, permanent and correspondence address details, online banking details and self-attested copies of details of the previous qualifying examination (class 10 and 12 board, marks, subjects studied, school name), proof of special category (if any) and any other relevant document as necessary, will be needed during form fill-up. After filling up of the details, the candidate needs to choose his or her course of study from the drop-down box and mention it. The candidate also needs to mention whether they belong to a special category.
After filling up of the form, the candidate can take a PDF printout on an A-4 size paper, for future references. The application fee for different courses are as follows :
- Tech – Rs.600
- Arch – Rs.700
- Diploma in Engineering – Rs.500
- E (Evening) – Rs. 400
AMUEEE Rules and Regulations:
When applying for the AMUEEE it is suggested that the candidates keep a track of the test dates so that they don’t clash because the university does not take any responsibility for the candidate’s inability to sit for an exam due to a clash of dates. There is no need to submit the hard copy of the completed application form to the university. Incomplete forms, forms which have been submitted late – after the last date or forms which don’t have the application fee paid will not be accepted by the University. Corrections to the application form if any can be done online only. No corrections can be done to the form offline. Candidates can select up to three special categories when filling up the application form.
The categories include – NCC, Children of Aligarh Muslim University Alumni, SC/ST/OBC, NCC, Debator/talent/Other etc.
AMUEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The common eligibility criteria for the AMUEEE are as follows :
- The candidate needs to be an Indian national.
- There are a few seats reserved for foreign nationals and NRI’s.
Specific criteria for B.Arch and B.Tech include :
- Candidate should have passed SSSCE from AMU or from a recognized board holding an equivalent examination.
- The previous qualifying examination (10+2) should include the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
- The minimum aggregate score of 50% in the previous qualifying examination.
- Students who have completed a diploma in Engineering with a minimum aggregate of 50% from the university are also eligible to apply.
Specific criteria for Diploma in Engineering include:
- Must have passed SSC from the university or an equivalent examination having the subjects Mathematics, English and Science and a minimum aggregate of 45%.
- Passed SSSCE with English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and a minimum aggregate of 45% in these subjects.
AMUEEE 2019 Exam Dates:
The important dates (tentative) to keep in mind when applying for AMUEEE are as follows :
- The online application form will be available from the 1st week of February 2019.
- The last date for the application form to be submitted is 1st week of March 2019.
- The entrance examination will be held in the 2nd week of May 2019 for B.Arch and B.Tech and 1st week of June 2019 for B.E (Evening).
- Admit card will be released on the 2nd week of April 2019.
- AMUEEE 2019 results or merit list will be released in the 2nd week of June 2019.
- Phase I of counseling begins in the 1st week of July 2019.
- Phase II of counseling begins in the last week of July 2019.
- Phase III of counseling begins on the 2nd week of August 2019.
The B.Tech and B.Arch examination will be conducted in one day and the B.E examination will be conducted on a separate day.
AMUEEE 2019 Exam Pattern:
The AMUEEE exam will be conducted offline and online. It will have questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The questions will all be objective in nature. The paper will be of 150 marks thus having 150 questions. 5o questions each from each subject of PCM. There will be negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer and for every correct answer 1 mark will be awarded. The B.Tech paper will be of 3 hours and the B.Arch paper will be divided into two parts (Paper I and Paper II) each having a time of 3 hours thus making the exam 6 hours and B.E exam will be for 2 hours. The B.E paper will be for 100 marks and have 100 questions.
Specific exam pattern course wise are as follows :
- There will be 1 paper of 150 questions and 150 marks.
- Questions will be MCQ in nature.
- The paper will be for 3 hours.
- There will be two papers (Paper I and Paper II).
- There will be a total of 150 questions of 2 marks each making the paper 300 marks.
- Questions will be MCQ, descriptive in nature and drawing based.
- The paper will be divided into two parts of 3 hours each, making it a 6-hour paper.
- Paper, I will be common with the B.Tech applicants.
- Paper II will be an Architecture Aptitude Test and candidates need to score a minimum of 40% in order to be eligible for selection.
- The B.E (Evening) examination will have 1 paper.
- There will be a total of 100 questions each carrying one mark making the paper worth a total of 100 marks.
- Questions will be MCQ in nature.
- The 100 questions will be divided in the form of 25 questions on Physical Sciences and 75 questions on the relevance of engineering.
- The paper will be of 2 hours.
AMUEEE 2019 Syllabus:
The AMUEEE syllabus includes intermediate knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
A detailed look at the syllabus, subject wise, is given below :
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- The Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Liquids and Gases
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions
- S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- Some P-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Group 16,17,18 Elements
- D and F-Block Elements
- Lanthanoids and Actinoids
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Ethers, and Phenols
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Sets and Functions
- Coordinate Geometry
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Relations and Functions
- Applications of Derivations
- Applications of the Integrals
- Differential Equations
- Vectors and 3D Geometry
- Linear Programming
AMUEEE Preparation Tips:
Certain tips and tricks to follow while preparing for the AMUEEE are as follows:-
- Planning preparation properly. Candidates should divide the time to study each subject equally so that all subjects are given equal importance and weight.
- Time management is of utmost importance. It is necessary to divide the time into equal parts so that no subject or topic goes unnoticed. Dedicating time to practice everything is very important to be confident on the day of the exam.
- Practicing through mock tests helps one be prepared with the format and question pattern and also be aware of the different drawings they may ask the B.Arch students.
- Staying fit and healthy is of utmost importance. Don’t panic during the exam and or before it.
How to Crack AMUEEE 2019?
In order to crack AMUEEE, it is necessary to solve mock tests, practice drawing with precision (for the B.Arch candidates) and also read the topics for the exam well. Going through good guidebooks also helps get an idea about the exam and its cut-offs from previous years as well as how past students have scored. That helps in understanding how much a student should expect for the exam.