The AIMCET 2019 is a national level entrance examination and it will be conducted and managed by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Roorkee under the control of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. This exam is conducted to provide admission to candidates to the course of Masters in Computer Application (MCA) in IITs and in other top colleges and universities.
AIMCET 2019 Registration:
Candidates willing to appear for the AIMCET examination need to register themselves through the official website – https://www.iitr.ac.in/
Candidates will have to register using the name, phone number and email id.
AIMCET 2019 Application Form Details:
After registration is completed, candidates will receive login credentials in their registered email id and phone number. Using the given credentials, they will have to log in to the website and start filling out the application details.
After logging in, the candidate will have to enter necessary information such as personal details, academic details, and other important details. After that candidates will have to upload scanned copies of signature and recent passport size photograph.
After uploading all necessary documents candidates will have to pay the application fee which is Rs. 1300 for general category candidates and Rs. 650 for reserved category or SC/ST candidates.
In case candidates wish to do the whole process online they will have to collect the form from the administrative office by doing payment of cash at the counter. After everything is done, candidates will have to take two printouts of the application form and keep one with himself/herself for future reference and send then other to the following address –
Education Continuation Centre- New Block
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee- Uttaranchal Pin Code-247667.
AIMCET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Certain rules and regulations which candidates must keep in mind when applying for the AIMCET are –
- If any answer is left blank, then neither will mark be awarded nor will it be deducted.
- Candidates must produce their admit cards in the examination hall as it will act as an id proof. Invigilators will be checking all admit cards and in case a candidate is unable to show it, then he or she will be debarred from appearing for the examination.
- Based on the rank obtained in AIMCET candidate will have to make a choice of course before appearing for the AIMCET counseling.
AIMCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the AIMCET 2019 examination must meet the following eligibility criteria
- Indian nationals are only eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree of a minimum of 3-years in any discipline with Mathematics as an individual subject at 10+2 level or at the Bachelor’s level are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are appearing in their final year examinations are also eligible to apply provided they can furnish necessary proof during admissions.
AIMCET 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the AIMCET 2019 examination need to keep the following dates in mind
(P.S. – The time frames are given below are tentative, subject to change.)
- AIMCET application form will be available from January – February 2019.
- The last date to submit the AIMCET application form will be in April 2019.
- The release of Admit Card will be in the month of May 2019.
- AIMCET 2019 examination will be in the month of June 2019.
AIMCET 2019 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern for the AIMCET 2019 examination will be as follows
- Questions will be MCQ and objective in nature. There will be four options given by which the candidate will have to choose the correct option.
- Marking pattern will be +4 for every correct answer and -1 for every wrong answer.
- There will be a total of 100 questions worth 400 marks.
- There will be four sections namely – Computer Awareness, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Analytical Reasoning and Mathematics
- If a question is left unattended or the candidate hasn’t attempted it then there will be no marks given or deducted.
AIMCET 2019 Syllabus:
The AIMCET 2019 examination syllabus, subject wise, will be as follows –
Mathematics – Vectors, Probability, and Statistics, Algebra-Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Differential Calculus, Set Theory, Trigonometry, Linear Programming.
Computer Awareness – Organization of a computer, Structure of instructions in CPU, Computer memory and back-up devices, Binary and hexadecimal representations, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and 2 complement arithmetic, Integers and fractions, Binary Arithmetic, Boolean algebra, Truth tables, Venn diagrams, Addition, subtraction, floating point representation of numbers.
General Awareness – Economic Condition of India Current affairs, Business Scenario and General Knowledge.
Logical Reasoning and Analytical Reasoning – Decision making, Discrimination, Arithmetical reasoning, Differences, Analogies, Analysis, Arithmetical number series, Judgment, Observation, Relationship concepts, Space visualization, Similarities and Verbal and figure, classification, Problem-solving.
AIMCET Preparation Tips:
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
AIMCET 2019 Reference Books:
- MCA books are written by J.V. Subramanyam
- TANCET-MCA – Anna University – V.V.K.Subburaj
- Computer Organisation and Design – P. Pal Choudhury
- Malvino Digital Principles and Applications
- Computer Organisation and Architecture – Stallings
- Management Information System – O’ Brian
- Management Information System – Olson Davis
- Information System – Sarika Jain
AIMCET Coaching Centers:
In case candidates wish to take coaching classes in order to prepare for the AIMCET 2019 examination below are mentioned some of the best coaching classes in the country –
- Career Shapers Education Forum – Delhi
- Sachdeva New P.T. College – Delhi
- SANMACS INDIA – Delhi
- com – Ludhiana
- Test Merit – Ghaziabad
- Trajectory Education – Delhi
- VPM Classes – Kota
- TIME – Across India
- Engineers Study Circle – Bangalore
- FIITJEE – Across India
- Manya Education Private Limited – Bangalore
- Career Plan – Multiple cities in India
- Yeshas Academy – Bangalore.
AIMCET Expected Cut-Off:
The AIMCET 2019 examination cut-off will be decided once the candidates have appeared for the exam and it will be based on the following factors –
- Level of difficulty of the examination.
- Standard of questions asked in the examination.
- Number of seats up for grabs
- Previous years cut-off.
AIMCET 2019 Participating Institutes:
Below mentioned are the names of universities and institutes which accept AIMCET scores. However, they also hold their own MCA entrance exams too. The list changes so it is best to check the official website regarding the same.
Jawaharlal Nehru University – New Delhi
Hyderabad Central University
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy
Birla Institute of Technology(BITS), Ranchi
National Institute of Technology (NIT) – Surathkal
PSG College of Technology – Coimbatore
Bharathiar University -Coimbatore
MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
Vellore Institute Of Technology-Vellore (Tamilnadu)
Pondicherry Central University
Banaras Hindu University – Varanasi
National Institute of Technology, Calicut
Anna University Chennai
Bharathiar University Coimbatore
Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
Amity University, Noida
Punjab University Chandigarh
University of Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
G.S. Mandal’s Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Aurangabad
BRM Group of Institutions, Bhubaneshwar
G.H. Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur