Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination (AEEE) is a university level entrance examination conducted every year in the month of April. It is organized by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University in both online and offline mode. It is an undergraduate level entrance examination. Around 70,000 aspirants apply for AEEE every year. The students who qualify the exam will be given admission into various engineering courses offered by the university.
This exam is conducted in various cities of Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. AEEE is conducted to select students for various B.tech courses offered at Amritapuri, Bangalore and Coimbatore campuses. After qualifying the exam, candidates can apply for counseling at any of the three campuses of Amrita University, for which candidates have to pay Rs. 10,000. Candidates have to carry their 10, 10+2 Mark Sheets, Transfer Certificate (TC), Birth Certificate and other documents as mentioned in the counseling letter.
Seat allotment process for AEEE
The candidates who have qualified AEEE will be offered seats on the basis of the rank secured by them in the entrance exam, their preferences, and their eligibility. Candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 50,000 before the start of seat allotment. They can make the payment by Demand Draft (DD). After the seat allotment, candidates have to pay the remaining course fee.
All the documents will also be verified as part of the verification process. If the documents and the information given by the candidate do not match, then his or her admission will get canceled.
Result Announcement for AEEE
After the completion of the exam, the results will be declared online. Candidates can check their results by logging in using their registration number and date of birth. Candidates will also have to enter a security number in order to access their results. After logging in, the results will be displayed on the screen with their marks scored in AEEE and their All India Rank (AIR).
The university does not release any official answer key for that matter. The cut-off marks or the minimum marks required to pursue a course depend on the number of candidates, the difficulty level of the exam and the previous year cut-off trends.
Slot Booking for AEEE
Candidates can book their slot as per their convenience when the slot booking process starts for AEEE. They have to log in using their Application number and date of birth in order to book their slot. They can choose the time and venue of the online examination according to their choice. It may be noted that the slot may or may not change.
Afterward, candidates can download the admit card by logging in using their Application number and date of birth. They will not be allowed to enter the exam venue if failed to do so. Stay tuned to our website to know more details about the eligibility, tentative schedule, exam pattern, syllabus and preparation tips.
AEEE 2019 Application Form Details:
Application form for AEEE 2019 will be available to students in both online and offline mode. Candidates must make sure that all the information provided by them is accurate, as per their official documents and mark sheets. The registration process can be done online or an offline OMR Application form can be obtained from Post Office, Dhanlaxmi Bank or Federal bank.
The OMR application form can also be obtained from the Amrita University campuses at Bangalore, Amritapuri, and Coimbatore.
Registration for AEEE 2019
The registration process will start in last week of December 2018. Make note of the following points while applying for AEEE 2019:
- First of all, candidates have to register for AEEE 2019. They have to enter their Full Name, Email-ID, phone number and date of birth.
- After logging in with your credentials, fill out/enter other details like Educational Qualification, Marks obtained in class 12th examination, Board of passing the exam, age and year of passing.
- Upload the scanned images of your recent color photograph and signature in required size and format.
- Complete the last stage of registration by paying the application fee.
- Double-check all the details again and submit the form.
- Keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference.
Application Fee AEEE 2019
The application fee for AEEE 2019 is Rs. 1000. The payment can be made by following methods:
- The online payment can be made through credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
- The offline payment can be made through Demand Draft in the name of Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore. Keep a copy of Demand Draft for any future reference.
AEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The aspiring candidates should check out the eligibility criteria before applying for AEEE 2019. Without fulfilling any of these criteria, he or she will not be admitted to any of the campuses, irrespective of their score.
The eligibility criteria contain information about the educational qualification, minimum qualifying marks (aggregate and individual subjects), and passing year.
In order to pursue Bachelor’s of Technology from Amrita University, candidates must satisfy the following requirements as described below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have successfully passed the class 12th examination from a recognized board.
- Qualifying aggregate marks: Candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
- Qualifying individual marks: Candidate must also have a secured a minimum of 55% in each subject.
- Diploma candidates: Candidates who have a 3-year diploma should have a minimum aggregate of 60% in all subjects.
- Management quota: For management quota, minimum aggregate should be 80%
- Age: The candidate must be born in or after 1998.
Following are the courses offered in three different campuses of Amrita University:
- Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore: Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Electronics and Instrumentation and Mechanical Engineering.
- Amrita School of Engineering, Amritapuri: Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore: Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Electronics and Instrumentation and Mechanical Engineering.
The university has excellent placement record with major recruiting companies like HCL, Infosys, L & T, Wipro and 200 such companies, offering good packages ranging from 4 lakhs to 25 lakhs.
AEEE 2019 Exam Dates:
The aspiring candidates must check out the important dates for AEEE 2019 so that they can start their preparation in time. The official schedule for AEEE 2019 has not been announced yet. But we will give you tentative dates based on previous year schedule. It is important so that no one remains behind the schedule. Candidates should stay tuned to our website to receive the latest information on AEEE 2019 official schedule.
This article gives important dates of start of registration, end of registration, slot booking, the release of admit card, online and offline AEEE exam date, result declaration and counseling, all tentative.
|Start of Registration||1st week of December 2018|
|End of Registration||Last week of March 2019|
|Slot Booking for CBT exam||1st week of April 2019|
|Admit Card||2nd week of April 2019|
|Online Exam||3rd week of April 2019|
|Offline Exam||4th week of April 2019|
|Result Announcement||1st week of May 2019|
|Counselling Letter Download||2nd week of May 2019|
|Start of Counselling Session||June 2019|
AEEE 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
The candidates can check out the AEEE 2019 pattern and syllabus in this article. Note down the various information such as the mode of examination, duration of examination, language of examination, number of questions, total marks, section-wise marks, number of sections and marking scheme.
In order to perform well on the exam, check out each and every detail and prepare accordingly.
Exam Pattern for AEEE 2019
The table given below contains all the information about the AEEE 2019 exam format:
|Mode of Exam||Candidates can choose either Online (computer-based) or Offline (pen and paper-based) mode|
|Type of Questions||Objective or Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Total number of Sections||3, namely Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for each correct answer and -1 mark for each wrong answer|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours and 30 minutes|
Syllabus For AEEE 2019
AEEE exam consists of three subjects which are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Physics and Chemistry carry 30 questions each and Mathematics carries 40 questions. This article brings out the detailed topic-wise syllabus of each subject:
- Mathematics: Matrices and Determinants, Probability, Complex Numbers, Integral and Differential Calculus, Trigonometry, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Sequences and Series, Quadratic Equations, Coordinate Geometry, Vector Algebra, Circles, Conic Sections, Relations and Functions, Linear Inequalities, Statistics.
- Physics: Ray optics, Modern physics, Solids and fluids, Electrostatics, Magnetism, Heat and Thermodynamics, Units and Dimensions, Mechanics, Waves and Oscillations, Electromagnetic Wave and Current Electricity.
- Chemistry: Periodic Table, Organic compounds, Atomic Structure, Electrochemistry, Chemical Bonding, Environmental Chemistry, Equilibrium, Thermodynamics, Polymers and Biochemistry, Surface chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, and Hydrocarbons.
AEEE 2019 Preparation Tips:
Here is the preparation guide for AEEE 2019:
STRATEGIC STUDY PLAN:
Aspirants should find out about all the details about AEEE 2019 and make a proper study plan. Making a study plane of a timetable helps students to learn time management. Try to allow time to each subject according to its weight in the examination. A proper study plan also helps students to gain confidence before the exam. Collect the study material such as NCERT books and reference books of good authors that will help you develop good concepts and in-depth analysis of each topic.
Only by practicing daily and maintaining a proper consistency can a student gain speed and accuracy. It will be beneficial on the day of the exam as students will have a proper idea of how much time they have to spend on a particular question. Never waste much time on a particular question. Always attend such questions after the rest of the questions are over.
Without proper revision, you may not remember everything on the day of exam even after studying everything. Success requires both hard work and smart work. Always make short notes of key formulas and important concepts. Take out at least half an hour to brush up these short notes daily. This will help your current subject keep in tune with the previous subject. With time and practice, the revision will take less time to complete.
This is the final and most important part of your preparation. Test your knowledge and practice by revising and solving at least one mock test paper daily within three hours. You can also solve some previous year AEEE question papers for more practice. Analyse your weaknesses and work on them.
Candidates are advised to follow these tips, and they will surely get success in the upcoming AEEE 2019 examination. All the best!